PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Remember 3-19-10 ... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114284)

themuffinman 03-16-2010 07:16 PM

Re: Remember 3-19-10 ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99accordv6 (Post 1634612)
Ill always be on the lookout bro

Sometimes I can understand being skeptical, especially if its a newer member with not that much rep but when this thread was opened I could see what was about to happen as far as the flaming but knowing that you been a member of this site for a while that made it easier for me to swallow. Sometimes a little respect should be giving to those that have actually been here a while.

detroit_doug 03-16-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1634644)
Sometimes I can understand being skeptical, especially if its a newer member with not that much rep but when this thread was opened I could see what was about to happen as far as the flaming but knowing that you been a member of this site for a while that made it easier for me to swallow. Sometimes a little respect should be giving to those that have actually been here a while.

Amen to that

poorlyduck 03-16-2010 08:18 PM

I believe supdawg got the credit for posting the picture because he posted it before accord. According to the times accord edited his post Today at 03:27 PM which I believe when he uploaded the pics. Supdawg posted the pic Today at 02:04 PM, this is just a thought.
Thanx to both of u guys for this great info.

lipidfats 03-16-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorlyduck (Post 1634759)
I believe supdawg got the credit for posting the picture because he posted it before accord. According to the times accord edited his post Today at 03:27 PM which I believe when he uploaded the pics. Supdawg posted the pic Today at 02:04 PM, this is just a thought.

that probably has to do with mods shutting this thread down for no reason and then deleting half the posts. I say let people obsess over discussion. 6.5 for sprint tp2 is a hot topic, so if it turns out to be true then accord will get his props... then others will look foolish for hating. OP posted the original pic first then updated hours later with all those other rom update pics. If you click view image on supdawgs pic, you can see it's from pocketnow... so he was just reposting. Just check the many articles on blogs, they give proper credit.

p-slim 03-16-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1634773)
that probably has to do with them shutting this thread down for no reason and then deleting half the threads. OP posted the original pic first then updated hours later with all those other rom update pics. If you click view image on supdawgs pic, you can see it's from pocketnow... so he was just reposting. Just check the many articles on blogs, they give proper credit.

beat me to it, but you are 100%

nrfitchett4 03-16-2010 08:26 PM

anyone know what version of 6.5 this will be?

poorlyduck 03-16-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

that probably has to do with mods shutting this thread down for no reason and then deleting half the posts. I say let people obsess over discussion. 6.5 for sprint tp2 is a hot topic, so if it turns out to be true then accord will get his props... then others will look foolish for hating. OP posted the original pic first then updated hours later with all those other rom update pics. If you click view image on supdawgs pic, you can see it's from pocketnow... so he was just reposting. Just check the many articles on blogs, they give proper credit.

Thank you for clearing everything out, So Accord definitely deserves the credit for it.

99accordv6 03-16-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorlyduck (Post 1634759)

Yessir, I edited the 1st post in this thread about 3 times in total.

I had the screenshot up way before noon. supdawg posted it at around 3pm.

obamaftw08 03-16-2010 09:03 PM

plz give accord his proper credit in the news... the ONLY credit.

00_MACKIE_00 03-16-2010 10:26 PM

weird stuff going on in this thread...the funny part to me in all of this, am I gonna trash my complete working setup of MightyRom for a stock rom from Sprint? prolly not.....

searcher61 03-16-2010 10:36 PM

Very interesting... I spoke with the tech at my local store. She stated she had been hearing an upgrade was coming soon but did not know when. She said they have a Friday morning meeting in which things get rolled out. She told me to feel free to call back on Friday and would could tell me then.

00_MACKIE_00 03-16-2010 10:41 PM

I am hoping for a radio update though.

tsowen 03-16-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Does it really matter? They both got credit for the picture, the OP got credit for the thread and the 3-19-10 date as well, this thread has been linked to several news sites, so what your saying is we should have left the 23 pages of name calling, show me the proof or your a liar and bickering going on because that's what everyone came to read and oh nevermind the topic. If I shut a thread down it is for a reason.

pdawg17 03-16-2010 11:14 PM

Any word on whether this update will include sense 2.5? I cook my own roms but I really want MMS working...if this has 2.5 then the answer is in there somewhere...

99accordv6 03-16-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 1635102)
Does it really matter? They both got credit for the picture, the OP got credit for the thread and the 3-19-10 date as well, this thread has been linked to several news sites, so what your saying is we should have left the 23 pages of name calling, show me the proof or your a liar and bickering going on because that's what everyone came to read and oh nevermind the topic. If I shut a thread down it is for a reason.

tsowen, I still dont know how supdawg got credit for posting the photo. He clearly took it from me and posted it up and everyone is giving him credit for taking my photo and plastering it like it was his photo.

I am not trying to start a big argument but like I stated, why does he get credit for taking my photo?

99accordv6 03-16-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdawg17 (Post 1635165)
Any word on whether this update will include sense 2.5? I cook my own roms but I really want MMS working...if this has 2.5 then the answer is in there somewhere...

No clue yet. I am still looking all over to find some more info.

Ragster 03-16-2010 11:46 PM

lol I didn't read this thread all the way, but YAY!

Also, if its been answered just ignore me haha but, how can we be sure that its manila 2.5 and not just manila 2.1 with Sense UI? You know the weather stuff in the home page, I thought that was also considered "Sense UI"

kb112 03-16-2010 11:56 PM

Props, thank you sir.

99accordv6 03-16-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragster (Post 1635268)
lol I didn't read this thread all the way, but YAY!

Also, if its been answered just ignore me haha but, how can we be sure that its manila 2.5 and not just manila 2.1 with Sense UI? You know the weather stuff in the home page, I thought that was also considered "Sense UI"

I havent found anymore info out yet. I will keep on looking for everyone.

99accordv6 03-16-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb112 (Post 1635286)
Props, thank you sir.

No problem at all, I would thank back but I used up all I could in this thread =/

Ragster 03-17-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99accordv6 (Post 1635294)
I havent found anymore info out yet. I will keep on looking for everyone.

Aww, okay, or we can just wait 3 days, haha :)

And don't worry about the pic thing, you'll be a VIP by the end of the week maybe lol :headbang:

mikezpc 03-17-2010 12:08 AM

thanks accord, we'll be awaiting, and will give much thanks

ajac 03-17-2010 12:17 AM

I just want someone to leak it hahaha

jrgolfpro 03-17-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1635034)
weird stuff going on in this thread...the funny part to me in all of this, am I gonna trash my complete working setup of MightyRom for a stock rom from Sprint? prolly not.....

=D> Very true..... God only knows what they'll do to this one, considering what they had in these things the first time. That hideous blue and orange laggy thing had me wondering at times why these people at Sprint don't focus on hardware and leave the software to the creators.

And on top of that all of the added garbage with the Sprint TV tab and The "Sprint" Branded music tab with the big "rip off" music store link...

I'm sure this update will appeal to some but speed and stability without advertisements will win me over any day of the week.

Mojary 03-17-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1634644)

being a fairly new member of this forum, i have to agree with themuffinman. i myself when i saw the thread just sat back and waited for the pics to be posted. i mean i dont think accord would bring flaming upon himself by asking members to sound off for a pic, getting the response and not post it. unless he's a glutton for punishment...lol. we have to keep in mind that every single one of us do have a life outside this forum...and that we need to keep members time to prove his/her claim before jumping on the thread ppc first and start bashing/flaming. if he wouldnt have posted within 24hrs, i couldve understood the claws coming out. and also keep in mind of the various timezones we all live in....hence maybe one of the reason of the time pic was posted. but at least accord had the last laugh. just my 2 cents...

*getting off my soapbox*

nrfitchett4 03-17-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrgolfpro (Post 1635352)
=D> Very true..... God only knows what they'll do to this one, considering what they had in these things the first time. That hideous blue and orange laggy thing had me wondering at times why these people at Sprint don't focus on hardware and leave the software to the creators.

And on top of that all of the added garbage with the Sprint TV tab and The "Sprint" Branded music tab with the big "rip off" music store link...

I'm sure this update will appeal to some but speed and stability without advertisements will win me over any day of the week.

i actually liked the tf3d music player, though i hate sense.
i have watched sprint tv as well though the kids like to steal it to watch disney.

abrigham 03-17-2010 01:18 AM

Oddly enough, even though I run a custom ROM myself, I've been looking forward to this ROM. The main reason is I will most likely be giving the TP2 to my wife to replace her MotoQ9C to move myself to an Android device (not sure which one yet, though) and I want her to have all the advantages of WinMo6.5 and HTC Sense (2.1 or 2.5, don't really care) without all the hassles that can come with a custom ROM - she's not a tweaker/power user like i am, she needs something that "just works" and more often than not, stock ROMs do just that :)

timetraveler 03-17-2010 02:07 AM

someone must have a leak 3 days to go rtm iam sure someone will share the gold lol who is it going to be lol

CaliBoyPhillip 03-17-2010 02:50 AM

You know... what if a "person" loaded the phone with the ROM... then on there way home they just so happen to get robbed.. then the ROM gets dumped.. things do happen :? lol! :D

mardukeme 03-17-2010 03:09 AM

Remember the good old days when Roms got leaked way in advance. What happen to those good old days?

Odeezie 03-17-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrgolfpro (Post 1635352)

I felt like the stock ROM was actually very stable and speedy...If I can remember correctly it was just as quick as a custom ROM and on my device, the HTC sms client was a bit smoother, too.

poorlyduck 03-17-2010 09:10 AM

Im not trying to take this thread to a different direction but come on mod's what will take you to correct the mistake with the credit. over pocketnow clearly they mentioned accord's name in posting the pic "HTC Touch Pro2 users and their Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade. After a Small Business catalog was posted the other week, confirming a March release, we're getting a clearer picture of the exact date now. A PPCGeeks member, 99accordv6, has posted an image from an internal document that shows a March 19 release date for the 6.5 upgrade. Another member has also confirmed the date.
from supdawg pic propriety its shows http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/new...intwinmo65.jpg

jason25 03-17-2010 09:27 AM

How is this thread still open? The only useful information is post #1.

Yay 4 Juggs 03-17-2010 09:29 AM

im all for giving credit where credit is due but lets not start shredding the shiney paper for the ticker tape parade...no real evidence other than a modified screen capture and a walkthrough that too could have easily been modified were produced. After visiting a friend who is a store manager it was denied any such internal memo existed...especially considering the tech manager was just in the store prior to opening and had not spoken a word about it...Do i consider the manager to be reliable? Yes i trust my life with this person. So in closing until actual documented proof is produced the only credit that should be given would be for creating another banter filled usless thread.

DarkLord 03-17-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsowen (Post 1635102)

umm...but why did supdawg get credit for posting a post from another site, in which that site credited accord (i think i said that right)? i'm baffled.

as for the 23 pages of name calling and normal bickering that tends to happen when this sort of thread is opened, thanks for cleaning it up.

DarkLord 03-17-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1635853)

people love train wrecks. it's human nature.

meatgel 03-17-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1635853)

there is no real reason to close it, is there?

BillJr106 03-17-2010 09:47 AM

So what do you guys think... With all name calling, and bickering aside... Legitimate discussion, do you guys think this is real? I for one would be totally over joyed if it FINALLY came out. The images the gentleman posted actually made me doubt it more as they were instructions on how to upgrade the Touch Pro, not the TP2. Also the memo seemed like something I could put together in Photoshop in a few minutes, and the wording just seemed like things we would want to hear, not things they would actually say. I dont know, I hate to be a skeptic, but I consider myself more of a realist. I just think if they had a firm date, it would have benefited them more to announce it, not just send out an internal memo.

Q_Q 03-17-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJr106 (Post 1635885)
So what do you guys think... With all name calling, and bickering aside... Legitimate discussion, do you guys think this is real? I for one would be totally over joyed if it FINALLY came out. The images the gentleman posted actually made me doubt it more as they were instructions on how to upgrade the Touch Pro, not the TP2. Also the memo seemed like something I could put together in Photoshop in a few minutes, and the wording just seemed like things we would want to hear, not things they would actually say. I dont know, I hate to be a skeptic, but I consider myself more of a realist. I just think if they had a firm date, it would have benefited them more to announce it, not just send out an internal memo.

TSOWEN just cleaned up 23 pages & you want to bring it up all again?
Not very smart dude.

Mr. X 03-17-2010 10:05 AM