PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TMobile HD2 ... carrier thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I'm fortunate to live in Silicon Valley, here in Bay Area CA everybody gets good service. To be honest even Metro PCS gets 4 bars from San Jose to San Franciso, San Jose is the last City of the Bay and San Francisco is the 1st, anywhere in between you're good to go. My signature shows i have both, and i haven't noticed anu call quality differences in the least.
Sounds good and you probably answered some questions for a few people. What about the nexus one data speeds vs tp2? I may go to the t-mobile store and try it for myself.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I wish i lived near P-Slims area lol, truly not near each other that much lol but as to anyone wanting to see reviews of areas and near cell phone towers, I just used this site I hope it can help.

http://www.cellreception.com/coverage/
Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordant2 View Post
Sounds good and you probably answered some questions for a few people. What about the nexus one data speeds vs tp2? I may go to the t-mobile store and try it for myself.
I promise you if you get a nexus you will hate winmo, seriously. But to answer your question I tether to my computer with both carriers and T-Mobile is slightly faster, but evdo does stretch further then 3g. If I go to a rural area I might lose evdo 2 miles in where 3g turns off right when you hit the rural area. But I always have edge, so voice is no problem. A lot of people have T-Mobile in the bay, its very popular out here.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I use the one on their website and it has been dead on. I used it on Valentine's day when I took my girl to Napa Valley (wine country) and when I drove to Reno, NV. Wherever it said I would lose 3g I did and only there.

http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc...mst_global_cvg
Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
been with sprint 13yrs and im not under contract now and just yesterday i too played with the hd2 and im loving the thing and loving the no htd kb since i never use it. i will be leaving sprint for the hd2 and getting it free from tmo mainly cause they love to pull a sprint customer of my standing(there words) to there ship. so talked to sprint about my tmo trip now there gonna give me 270$ off any phone with 1yr contract but they got nothing i want and tmo unlim. data/text and 500 anytime min. is only 10$ more, im really close to jumping ship and each day i see a hd2 picture im getting closer.
LOL... I believe they now have something you want... you will need that $270.00 off...lol...for the 4gEVO...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I promise you if you get a nexus you will hate winmo, seriously. But to answer your question I tether to my computer with both carriers and T-Mobile is slightly faster, but evdo does stretch further then 3g. If I go to a rural area I might lose evdo 2 miles in where 3g turns off right when you hit the rural area. But I always have edge, so voice is no problem. A lot of people have T-Mobile in the bay, its very popular out here.
I'm jealous. Bout to head to the t-mobile store to test the hd2 speed. I went to one and they only had a dummy model of it and a sign saying sold out. Why would your hottest phone have a live model??? Regardless of weather it is sold out or not.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

no offense, but shouldnt this be in a different thread?

Help Me Help You
Old 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just left the t-mo store and that hd2 was impressive. The size and speed made my tp2 feel tiny and weak. My screen looked so small and dim in comparison. The weather animations were very fast with 8 programs running in the background, including opera! Very tempting. It just answers a lot of questions I've always asked about wm phones. Why won't they just include more ram??? This thing has all the ram you could want. And the processor is amazing. I tried to skip forward in the transformers movie to see if it would buffer and it skipped right to the next part and continued playback seamlessly. I really want it now.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

@ jordant, you won't be disappointed! it's a tp2 on speed!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
@ jordant, you won't be disappointed! it's a tp2 on speed!
The hd2 is overrated...
There's ten times better phones that are coming out with the snapdragon processor.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2