PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114002)

Shabaz 03-27-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

1 Attachment(s)
Still deciding on which case to get but I'm kinda confused about the cases that are "supposedly" made for sprint. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the proximity sensor for the sprint TP2 were on the top left of the phone, just above the C on the HTC logo. However, on a lot of the pictures I see for sprint cases, I see a hole on the top right. I want to try out a cheap case before I get a nice one like #1, but almost all the cheap cases I've seen have the hole on the top right. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

jmorton10 03-27-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabaz (Post 1663995)
but almost all the cheap cases I've seen have the hole on the top right. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

those are GSM cases.

~John

DeMoNFLiP 03-27-2010 07:59 PM

i bought a body glove on amazon about 2 months ago and i loved it. it was very durable but a little bulky once you put it on. but recently i damaged one of the tabs that grips onto the phone so i had it replaced with a innocase that i bought on amazon a few days ago and i think this case is way better than the body glove. the case looks thin but its durable. it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone like the body glove does. both products are good and i would recommend those cases to anyone who owns a TP2 but once you damage those tabs that grips onto the phone then you pretty much ruin the case for good.

itbmd 03-28-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabaz (Post 1663995)
Still deciding on which case to get but I'm kinda confused about the cases that are "supposedly" made for sprint. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the proximity sensor for the sprint TP2 were on the top left of the phone, just above the C on the HTC logo. However, on a lot of the pictures I see for sprint cases, I see a hole on the top right. I want to try out a cheap case before I get a nice one like #1, but almost all the cheap cases I've seen have the hole on the top right. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

You're absolutely right Shabaz, it is on the left for Sprint. The first I bought was a "modified" rubberized black case for $10. The premium was for the hole for the proximity sensor being on the left. Actually it had two holes, one on the left, and the original on the right. It looked kinda stupid, but I wasn't complaining for $10. After my snaps broke on the one after 3 months, I was in search of a new case. My friend had the carbon fiber, and I absolutely loved it. Also, it was cheaper to boot; $6. Check out my post # 20 for the info. HTH.

Shabaz 03-28-2010 04:40 PM

Finally decided to go with #2 in grey. I guess we'll see if it really takes 3 weeks to arrive (I really hope not, lol). #1 seemed a little to bulky for my taste. I wish they made some nice hard cases with cool designs for guys. I found a few nice cases with team logos, but everything else was either pink, purple, or had flowers or something, lol. But I have a feeling I'll like this one.

walter17 03-31-2010 12:54 AM

Has anybody found a silicone/rubber/plastic case that will fit on the extended battery cover?

ubigred 03-31-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeMoNFLiP (Post 1664430)
i bought a body glove on amazon about 2 months ago and i loved it. it was very durable but a little bulky once you put it on. but recently i damaged one of the tabs that grips onto the phone so i had it replaced with a innocase that i bought on amazon a few days ago and i think this case is way better than the body glove. the case looks thin but its durable. it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone like the body glove does. both products are good and i would recommend those cases to anyone who owns a TP2 but once you damage those tabs that grips onto the phone then you pretty much ruin the case for good.

Yep that is very true! I bout one last Wednesday ..... broke two tabs by Sunday. Smfh

Dr.8820 03-31-2010 02:48 AM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

get a body glove, but do like i do and carry a bic pen with the cap. use the cap of the pen to pry the taps from the phone; no scratches and no broken tabs!

twe90kid 03-31-2010 02:52 AM

how does boxwave compare to the ebay silicon one? they look exactly the same and identical

jeiyuu 03-31-2010 03:42 AM

where was this thread last week!? after reading a bunch of reviews on my own, i ended up going for the seido innocase on amazon.. i never really liked the gel-like feel for the soft rubber cases. i'll post my findings once the case arrives.. i really hope the tab problem is not as bad as many claim.