PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114002)

sprintgirl 03-13-2010 11:54 PM

Re: Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

bodyglove is the best brand...a little pricey but you get what you pay for. for the cheepies who like to switch all the time check out www.eforcity.com

twe90kid 03-13-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipstreamv2 (Post 1627495)

2. Soft Silicone case (CDMA). Sold by e-story on ebay. $12. In this thread, tvandyck7 recommended it, except that when he purchased, it was only avail. for GSM models, which fit loose on his CDMA phone. Another thread with positive reviews. Maybe this will provide shock protection of rubber while maintaining relative thinness of hard cases?

FORGET SEIDIO. expensive junk.

but that #2 that you posted looks hot. I want to get it. but the 3 weeks wait sucks ass

mychaluva 03-14-2010 01:52 AM

I have #2 also. I highly recommend it. Great fit, easy on/off (but stays on securely once it's on), and it has cushioned a few phone drops very well.

I like carrying my TP2 in my pocket, and the combination of the silicone skin/shell case and a screen protector has been wonderful for me.

twe90kid 03-14-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mychaluva (Post 1629089)
I have #2 also. I highly recommend it. Great fit, easy on/off (but stays on securely once it's on), and it has cushioned a few phone drops very well.

I like carrying my TP2 in my pocket, and the combination of the silicone skin/shell case and a screen protector has been wonderful for me.

what color do you have? did you buy the sprint version?

slipstreamv2 03-25-2010 11:24 PM

Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to reply, but thank you all very much for all your input. I'm going to go with #2. Anyone recently order it (did it really take 3 weeks like someone above stated)?

I'm deciding between clear and grey...any thoughts on colors?

TweetyBear 03-27-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipstreamv2 (Post 1660745)
Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to reply, but thank you all very much for all your input. I'm going to go with #2. Anyone recently order it (did it really take 3 weeks like someone above stated)?

I'm deciding between clear and grey...any thoughts on colors?

get the grey one. looks very nice! if u dont wanna wait and dont mind spending a bit more. u can get it from boxwave here
http://www.boxwave.com/products/prae...-case_3687.htm

kabuk1 03-27-2010 02:36 AM

I have #2 in blue. IRL it looks purple though. I LOVE it. So much that I ordered a backup. It doesnt actually take 3 weeks to get it either, I got mine in one week. I vote for #2 for sure. Best case I ever owned.

kimogent 03-27-2010 03:35 AM

I just pulled the trigger on #2...i'll post back once i receive and let you guys know how long shipping took, looks, fit. But from the sound of it we may have a winner!!!

slipstreamv2 03-27-2010 01:15 PM

Thanks, PPC geeks! I just bought #2 in grey. It sounds like a very decent product and bang for the buck. Can't wait til it gets here...

On a side note, if any of you pros (especially those that have the #2 case) have any suggestions for my dad's Palm Pre, please let me know (similar quality, value, hard or silicone case that allows the Pre to slide with no issues). Thanks again!

itbmd 03-27-2010 01:37 PM

Just thought I'd chime in. This is the case I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHONE-CASE-CARBO...item3efa5f3469

It's for Verizon, but fits my Sprint perfectly. I had a rubberized hard case before this in black, and the snaps broke. So now I try to take the case off as little as possible. Only had to once so far when I had a failure to wake issue.

The big advantage I like is that the oil from my hands/face do not leave behind on the case; like it did with the rubberized black one. It always looks clean and nice. Never have to constantly wipe it. I'm not wild about the pattern, but hey it could be worse. Just my $.02. HTH.