PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pri
Carrier: sprint

thrillz21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question **SOLVED** new email notification

I am having a small problem. I went to my sound and notification settings, and checked my "new e-mail settings" and play sound, display message on screen, flash light for 5 minutes and vibrate are all checked off. However when I get an e-mail (its a hotmail account and it being checked every 15 minutes automatically) all the phone does is flash the light. No sound, no vibrate and no on-screen message. I have the same setting for "new text messages" and everything work perfectly. I tried unchecking, rebooting and checking off again and it doesn't help. Weird. I am on mighty rom with winmo 6.5 and sense 2.1.

Last edited by thrillz21; 03-09-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jammacade.com is a n00b
Re: new email notification

I'm having a similar issue.

So after many years of faithful service, my HTC Touch Mogul started having issues, took it to Sprint, they replaced it with HTC Touch Pro. After 24 hours of major issues, took it back, and they said "bad radio" and gave me a Touch Pro 2

Now to my issue. I use MS Exchange for email, and have the emails pushed to the Touch Pro 2. I am having issues with sound notification when an email arrives. This is what I've discovered:

The first email to arrive after I've opened and closed Outlook doesn't cause a a sound notification. The home page is updated and shows "Outlook E-Mail: 1 Unread"

The second email arrives and I do receive the sound notification, and home page shows "Outlook E-Mail: 2 Unread"

If I open Outlook, then close it, the next email I get doesn't have a sound notification, but the next email after that does create the sound notification.

So basically, after closing Outlook, the first email I receive does not do a sound notification, but home screen updated. The next email I receive creates a sound notification and updates home screen.

I don't use the Touch Flo 3D home page, I use the default WinMo 6.1 touchscreen. I have stock everything.

Any ideas on how to get the sound notification for the 1st email and all the others?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

688sea is a n00b

I have the stock 6.5 and am getting similar oddities that I didn't recall having in 6.1 I do NOT have the flash light notification active and yet it still does. It makes the sound (I do have that checked) whenever I get an email, but also the LED starts flashing. I tried to have it show the message like I enjoyed on the XV6800 and it wouldn't do ANYTHING when I got an email (no sound, no message display, no blinky)

Also, the email notification icon on the task bar now only disappears if I go into the Mail icon on the lower programs bar and access it that way. Previously (even on 6.5) it would either disappear at random or explicitly disappear if I went into messages via the programs listing.

There are just too many random things happening and I seem to be noticing a lot of them after going to 6.5
Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

jammacade.com is a n00b

I was able to troubleshoot some more and found out a workaround for my issue:

When clicking the "x" in top right to close the Outlook, it was shutting Outlook down. I changed it so the "x" just closes (but it stays running) Outlook. Now when I receive an email it sends notification. This will probably drain my battery faster, but that's a trade off I can live with.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammacade.com View Post
I was able to troubleshoot some more and found out a workaround for my issue:

When clicking the "x" in top right to close the Outlook, it was shutting Outlook down. I changed it so the "x" just closes (but it stays running) Outlook. Now when I receive an email it sends notification. This will probably drain my battery faster, but that's a trade off I can live with.
Outlook does NOT need to be running for your notifications to sound / work. I always close Outlook with the X, and it does close it, and my notifications work just fine.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

homamk is becoming a great contributor

i have same exact problem and i been trying to find an answer for longest time. email is very improtant to me and need to notified imediatly. the sound notifications dont work. and the text ones work. also the problem with mine is im always in a place thats out of service so the batt dies within like 5 hours. after i set my email to recieve as mail arrives instead of 15 min or something.. it seems like the sound came back. so set it to get email as it arrives and set the notifications.. make sure you have volume up and send email to yourself and see if it works. it seems to KIND Of work for me.. hopfully there is a real fix! cause sometimes.. it gets mail instant.. sometimes not. sometimes sound and sometimes not!

let me know if you find a fix.. thanks and goodluck
Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Under Settings | Sounds & Notifications, you do have "Events" checked on the first tab right?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

homamk is becoming a great contributor

no. i dont. but i dont think that matters. they should work without events checked. events are like pop up messages and such.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thrillz21 is a n00b

I am pretty well versed in WM and I have everthing correct in notifications, but for some reason it just won't work. I really need to hear when my e-mail arrives. Can someone please help!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thrillz21 is a n00b

still really annoying not to get new e-mail sound notification. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2