PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Going crazy here...about to destroy this POS (need to rant)

I had this phone running perfectly (the best it has ever run) on NRGZ Feb 16 ROM but decided to update to the 21st ROM since I had time to kill...Ran like crap...hard reset...crap...hard reset...crap. Gave up and went back to the 16th. Loaded it up, hard resetted a couple times to get back to running like crap. At this point Mighty has publicly released the latest IMPACT so I go to that. Hard reset a couple times after loading and load everything up. I get it running decent ("decent" only because I hadn't quite setup everything to my liking) and my Contacts tab goes empty...can't get into texts or email (clicking or sliding to their tabs sends Sense restarting).

Hard reset...start loading everything up again this morning. Just went to use email about an hour ago and they show up in Sense but are inaccesible otherwise....awesome. So I get to hard reset yet again. Over the past week, I have not had this phone running right...at all. I'm getting really really frustrated. I realize this is likely an app/tweak conflict but it's pissing me the hell off because I had them all working nicely in the Feb 16th NRGROM...

Note to self...if it's ever running perfectly again...LEAVE IT ALONE.

/Rant off....anyone else having one of those days?

Last edited by awenthol; 02-25-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Going crazy here...about to destroy this POS (need to rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Haha isn't that the truth!! Good luck!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Flash stock then NRG. I never do unless stuff like this happens, believe me it helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I see NRG updated again and I'm gonna try that (back to stock) before flashing it, as I've never flashed to stock between ROMs.

Last edited by awenthol; 02-25-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mishajmo is becoming a great contributor

I don't understand why suddenly the device itself qualifies--in your eyes--as a POS, when obviously its inoperability is the fault of the user.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I had this phone running perfectly (the best it has ever run) on NRGZ Feb 16 ROM but decided to update to the 21st ROM since I had time to kill...Ran like crap...hard reset...crap...hard reset...crap. Gave up and went back to the 16th. Loaded it up, hard resetted a couple times to get back to running like crap. At this point Mighty has publicly released the latest IMPACT so I go to that. Hard reset a couple times after loading and load everything up. I get it running decent ("decent" only because I hadn't quite setup everything to my liking) and my Contacts tab goes empty...can't get into texts or email (clicking or sliding to their tabs sends Sense restarting).

Hard reset...start loading everything up again this morning. Just went to use email about an hour ago and they show up in Sense but are inaccesible otherwise....awesome. So I get to hard reset yet again. Over the past week, I have not had this phone running right...at all. I'm getting really really frustrated. I realize this is likely an app/tweak conflict but it's pissing me the hell off because I had them all working nicely in the Feb 16th NRGROM...

/Rant off....anyone else having one of those days?
When you were doing all of these hard resets, did it occur to you to flash to stock ROM, hard reset, then move back to a custom ROM?

When my phone acts squirrelly, that's what I do, and it usually fixes my problems.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I see NRG updated again and I'm gonna try that before flashing it, as I've never flashed to stock between ROMs.
When things get wonky, its always suggested flashing back to stock.

I always flash stock first with any custom rom I use, just so this don't happen. It may take an extra 10 minutes but the time I save using Sashimi I still can do a rom upgrade completely with everything set up in less than an hour.

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 02-25-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishajmo View Post
I don't understand why suddenly the device itself qualifies--in your eyes--as a POS, when obviously its inoperability is the fault of the user.
half the fun of being on this forum is watching the frustration of users who kill their phones.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dude, go for the stock, look how many people under my post agree, don't waste your time flashing NRG again. The issues you're having are more than likely a result of old data left over from ROMS, flashing the stock ROM will allow you to have a clean slate for a custom ROM. Take the trash out man!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
When my phone acts squirrelly, that's what I do, and it usually fixes my problems.
nail on head.

on this note, there are aspects of the official roms that only get flashed if done properly through activesync. if you manually put the phone into bootloader (or via SD) some of the files do not get pre-loaded.

manually entering bootloader and flashing will usually get a brick going again, but another flash via activesync is the real 'cure'

again, this is only for the official roms, and I only do it when my phone gets the flee's or i'm making a major change like between 6.5 & .1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2