PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   WM 7 running on TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111388)

gapbound 02-19-2010 12:44 PM

WM 7 running on TP2

Will it be possible?

Rager02 02-19-2010 12:53 PM

Re: WM 7 running on TP2

is another one of these topics really necessary?a quick search would have answered this.answer is no..no...no.

joeyc1123 02-19-2010 01:19 PM

TP2 does not meet hardware requirements, especially our processor

drurc8 02-19-2010 01:29 PM

I believe some smart people here will do some tricks with wm 7 to work with tp2 when it is released so we all can enjoy.

gTen 02-19-2010 02:20 PM

Well if the story about HD2 getting wp7 upgrade is true, then theoretically with some hacking it should be possible. On the other-hand the device may become completely unusable with huge lag.

Of course it is also possible that micrsoft set those minimum hardware requirements in order to make the xbox integration and the video and etc are not really necessary to making it run.

At this point it is too early to tell as it didn't even come out yet or leaked.

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 02:22 PM

Personally I hope windows mobile 7 bombs. I hate to say that but the rumor is that 7 will not allow users to create their own cabs without paying for licensing. All cabs will have to be approved by microsoft sort of like what apple does with its apps. :protest:

kvictor017 02-19-2010 02:42 PM

I just hope HTC will release an HD2 like device with a slide-out keyboard. I wonder what that would even look like lol.

skruff77 02-19-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1577064)
Personally I hope windows mobile 7 bombs. I hate to say that but the rumor is that 7 will not allow users to create their own cabs without paying for licensing. All cabs will have to be approved by microsoft sort of like what apple does with its apps. :protest:

i heard the same thing. and that means no roms, no flashing. so im not liking wp7 at all. but we will see what happens

mishajmo 02-19-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaine02 (Post 1576868)
is another one of these topics really necessary?a quick search would have answered this.answer is no..no...no.

One should be automatically banned for even asking anymore, at this point. Same goes for asking when 6.5 update will be released.

p-slim 02-19-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Windows is already failing, this will only help their marketshare by leaps and bounds, either get down or lay down but wp7 is here. And this is the best thing for Microsoft.

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577161)
Windows is already failing, this will only help their marketshare by leaps and bounds, either get down or lay down but wp7 is here. And this is the best thing for Microsoft.

P-slim i don't get what you're saying. Do you understand if windows 7 is released and microsoft gets rid of the windows mobile we use now, we will no longer be able to make apps, cab, or custom roms? Plus, there will be no need for sites like this one. Are you saying you want that to happen? So you want to pay for apps like iphone users do? :angry7:

kabuk1 02-19-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Same here. That's a bunch of total BS if you ask me. It harkens back to the old Sidekick days, when one had to apply for a dev license just to install 3rd-party apps to their device. I got rid of my Sidekick within a year due to that crap, and if they get rid of 6.x.x, I'll ditch WinMo too. Android will gain a new follower, and possibly even- *gulp* the iPhone. At least iPhones are SOMEWHAT customizable, and I could auto-tune stuff with one.

With the way things are starting to go now, with Apple doing this e-nanny BS & now MS, why not just start renting out phones? Cause even if we buy them they're never REALLY ours in the eyes of the software companies anyway :angry7:

SolApathy 02-19-2010 03:19 PM

we are actively working on a processor replacement mod for the TP2 so we can put a snapdragon processor in there. Please send research donations (no less that $500 per donation) to win7onTP2@nevergonnahappen.com

p-slim 02-19-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1577169)
P-slim i don't get what you're saying. Do you understand if windows 7 is released and microsoft gets rid of the windows mobile we use now, we will no longer be able make apps, cab, or custom roms? Plus, there will be no need for sites like this one. Are you saying you want that to happen? So you want to pay for apps like iphone users do? :angry7:

Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. I feel like websites like this are a neccesity to get winmo to function like the other os' out there, and that should not be the case. Please tell me why i would want to build my own app, when more then likely it will be in the marketplace. I have a nexus one as well as a tp2 and i haven't had any reason to create my own cabs for my nexus, what for? Also why would i want to be scouring this website for updates on an app when the marketplace will send my phone a notification that an update is available for a particular app on my phone like my nexus. The reason people load custom roms is to get more functionality out of the phone, I would rather leave that up to microsoft then mighymike, i'm sorry thats just the way it is. I hate when i install a stupid app then i have to do a hard reset, hard resets are not fun with winmo, they are a breeze with android because after a hard reset my android will automatically load any app that i've downloaded from the marketplace without me having to install cab after cab or learning sashimi ( which i finally mastered but no user should ever have to, that is a pain in the ass) The way microsoft is headed is great. you're talking about paying for apps, you must not have looked at iphone or androids marketplace, they have way more free apps then windows by leaps and bounds and their apps are 10x better. download shazam from windows marketplace its 4.99, shazam is free on iphone and droid, this is just an example.

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577190)
Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. I feel like websites like this are a neccesity to get winmo to function like the other os' out there, and that should not be the case. Please tell me why i would want to build my own app, when more then likely it will be in the marketplace. I have a nexus one as well as a tp2 and i haven't had any reason to create my own cabs for my nexus, what for? Also why would i want to be scouring this website for updates on an app when the marketplace will send my phone a notification that an update is available for a particular app on my phone like my nexus. The reason people load custom roms is to get more functionality out of the phone, I would rather leave that up to microsoft then mighymike, i'm sorry thats just the way it is. I hate when i install a stupid app then i have to do a hard reset, hard resets are not fun with winmo, they are a breeze with android because after a hard reset my android will automatically load any app that i've downloaded from the marketplace without me having to install cab after cab or learning sashimi ( which i finally mastered but no user should ever have to, that is a pain in the ass) The way microsoft is headed is great. you're talking about paying for apps, you must not have looked at iphone or androids marketplace, they have way more free apps then windows by leaps and bounds and their apps are 10x better. download shazam from windows marketplace its 4.99, shazam is free on iphone and droid, this is just an example.

Wow! Are you serious! most of the free apps on the iphone are limited. The truly good stuff you have to pay for. I noticed you have over 2000 post on this site, so tell me what do you use it for if your not downloading custom cabs. Either You don't see the big picture, or youre being an idiot on purpose. But, hey you bought the nexus one which had horrible sales numbers and complaints the first month, so nough said. =D>

p-slim 02-19-2010 03:33 PM

whats also funny is the fact that everyone keeps saying winmo is so customizable. its funny how long we waited for the hspl to be released and how this forum turned into a warzone. imagine if cmonex and olipro had passed away, the tp2 would never have gotten unlocked, would this phone still be all that customizable? Would anybody use the tp2 if we knew the hspl was never going to be released?

p-slim 02-19-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1577202)
Wow! Are you serious! most of the free apps on the iphone are limited. The truly good stuff you have to pay for. I noticed you have over 2000 post on this site, so tell me what do you use it for if your not downloading custom cabs. Either You don't see the big picture, or youre being an idiot on purpose. But, hey you bought the nexus one which had horrible sales numbers and complaints the first month, so enough said.=D>

are you talking about sales numbers when comparing android to winmo? that statement says enough. the only complaints about the nexus one were those 3g complaints ( which i never had) and google already fixed that problem, so i really don't know what your point is. You obviously don't see the big picture which is why the billion dollar company agrees with me and you're sitting at home hoping they fail ](*,) I can't believe you're even comparing apps for winmo compared to iphone and droid, you're obviously the idiot. I download custom cabs for my tp2 and thats because i need to just to get it to function like a next gen os, i've never had the need to do this on my nexus. I have over 2000 post on this site and i can create my own rom from scratch, i don't need mighty mike or anybody else, i am a ppcgeek guru, and i still say winmo 6 needs to die immediately.

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577210)
are you talking about sales numbers when comparing android to winmo? that statement says enough. the only complaints about the nexus one were those 3g complaints ( which i never had) and google already fixed that problem, so i really don't know what your point is. You obviously don't see the big picture which is why the billion dollar company agrees with me and you're sitting at home hoping they fail ](*,) I can't believe you're even comparing apps for winmo compared to iphone and droid, you're obviously the idiot. I download custom cabs for my tp2 and thats because i need to just to get it to function like a next gen os, i've never had the need to do this on my nexus. I have over 2000 post on this site and i can create my own rom from scratch, i don't need mighty mike or anybody else, i am a ppcgeek guru, and i still say winmo 6 needs to die immediately.

=D> LMFAO wow! what an idiot, I'm dual booting WM and Andriod on my TP2 right now, so you currently have the ability to get both, but you want to pay to only have 1. You said you hate custom ROMS but now you create them.. which is it. Oh yah, And Mighty Mike will run circles around you!

p-slim 02-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1577238)
=D> LMFAO wow! what an idiot, I'm dual booting WM and Andriod on my TP2 right now, so you currently have the ability to get both, but you want to pay to only have 1. You said you hate custom ROMS but now you create them.. which is it. Oh yah, And Mighty Mike will run circles around you!

thats funny. your talking about having the ability to run android on your tp2, this is exactly what i'm talking about. if winmo is perfect why the hell would you want to run andoid on it? do you think any android user is saying damn, i want to dual boot android and winmo, but you see how many winmo users are tying to do this everywhere. i can run android on my tp2 as well why would i want to do that when it doesn't even function correctly, i've loaded the 1/25 version along time ago and that is crap compared to the nexus. yes i hate having to create custom roms but like i said earlier its a must for winmo. and no mighty mike can't run circles around my rom, i've used every mighty rom and have never stuck with it more then 1 hour. i build all my roms off calkulins kitchen which is far superior and more advanced. suckers go and just load someone else's rom, real ppcgeeks go create their own roms.

gTen 02-19-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577203)
whats also funny is the fact that everyone keeps saying winmo is so customizable. its funny how long we waited for the hspl to be released and how this forum turned into a warzone. imagine if cmonex and olipro had passed away, the tp2 would never have gotten unlocked, would this phone still be all that customizable? Would anybody use the tp2 if we knew the hspl was never going to be released?

Then we would take pitchforks to No2chem's house >.> jk..

that said it is obvious that android will surpass winmo...the revenue model of google is a lot more superior then microsofts. Personally I even plan to swap to android once a decent phone comes out for sprint..maybe the supersonic.

Also winmo 6 will never truly die, it will still continue as Windows Embed at least.

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577259)
thats funny. your talking about having the ability to run android on your tp2, this is exactly what i'm talking about. if winmo is perfect why the hell would you want to run andoid on it? do you think any android user is saying damn, i want to dual boot android and winmo, but you see how many winmo users are tying to do this everywhere. i can run android on my tp2 as well why would i want to do that when it doesn't even function correctly, i've loaded the 1/25 version along time ago and that is crap compared to the nexus. yes i hate having to create custom roms but like i said earlier its a must for winmo. and no mighty mike can't run circles around my rom, i've used every mighty rom and have never stuck with it more then 1 hour. i build all my roms off calkulins kitchen which is far superior and more advanced. suckers go and just load someone else's rom, real ppcgeeks go create their own roms.

I dual boot for customization and it keeps my phone fresh and new when i get bored. Any OS gets boring after a while, that's why there are themes, ROM updates, (6.1,6.5) and stuff like that. Heck, soon its probably going to be possible to boot 3-4 OS on your phone using SD. Not cause windows mobile sucks but because you dont have to buy another phone, or get a different provider to get a different feel. Same reason people dual boot on computers. If you think android is the problem solver for all OS you're smoking crack!

p-slim 02-19-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1577332)
I dual boot for customization and it keeps my phone fresh and new when i get bored. Any OS gets boring after a while, that's why there are themes, ROM updates, (6.1,6.5) and stuff like that. Heck, soon its probably going to be possible to boot 3-4 OS on your phone using SD. Not cause windows mobile sucks but because you dont have to buy another phone, or get a different provider to get a different feel. Same reason people dual boot on computers. If you think android is the problem solver for all OS you're smoking crack!

you're wrong. People change themes and ringtones because they got bored with their phones but the majority of ppc users and business users (the actual majority of winmo users in the world will never visit ppcgeeks or xda) change their OS' because the newer os has more or better features. I upgraded from 6.1 to 6.5 not because i'm bored but because it has more features, then i upgraded to 6.5.x because it was more finger friendly, none of my OS upgrades are just because i'm bored. If i'm bored i load apps, and android and iphone have thousands of free apps.

Technoob 02-19-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577190)

I cannot agree more!
WM7 is giving Microsoft a chance to do what it should have done long back!
Guys at least give Wm 7 a chance to revive Microsoft!

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 04:58 PM

=D> LOL

You're funny P-Slim! Moving on.

mikejones13 02-19-2010 05:01 PM

Hey guys instead of having a dik slapping contest out here take it to the PM's

OP you can atleast get the look of Windows 7 here on your TP2 Windows 7 ULTIMATE theme by Marco released!! WVGA+VGA

ACHlLLES 02-19-2010 05:06 PM

P-Slim, just end your misery by selling your TP2. Your claims on how Winmo blows is getting old. I personally use the TP2, because it works for me, and most people probably feel the same way.

You made your point how you like your android, so move on, or stick to the topic.

p-slim 02-19-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY (Post 1577387)
=D> LOL

You're funny P-Slim! Moving on.

I'm funny because I believe in working smarter not harder and you're funny because you're stuck in stoneage. Yes please move on because you obviously don't deserve the reputation and thread count you're getting by arguing with me. I load new OS's because I'm bored, not because of the many feature upgrades, LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHlLLES (Post 1577404)
P-Slim, just end your misery by selling your TP2. Your claims on how Winmo blows is getting old. I personally use the TP2, because it works for me, and most people probably feel the same way.

You made your point how you like your android, so move on, or stick to the topic.

you obviously weren't following the conversation, were we arguing about droid or were we arguing about wp7? Nobody even has a wp7 yet and people are bashing it, this is what i'm arguing about, tp2 has nothing to do about it. I don't need to compare winmo to android because the marketshare numbers are already doing that.

kabuk1 02-19-2010 05:19 PM

Not trying to bash or be rude at all, but it does seem like you just really hate WinMo in general, P. Maybe you should look into something else that makes you happier. Don't stick with something you don't like.

I remember when I began to hate my Sidekick, and began to bitch about it on the sidekick forums. They weren't as nice about it- I was told to either get something else or STFU, and shunned from then on, lol...

Oh wait... your sig says you're using the N1. Never mind.

ACHlLLES 02-19-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1577435)
Not trying to bash or be rude at all, but it does seem like you just really hate WinMo in general, P. Maybe you should look into something else that makes you happier. Don't stick with something you don't like.

I remember when I began to hate my Sidekick, and began to bitch about it on the sidekick forums. They weren't as nice about it- I was told to either get something else or STFU, and shunned from then on, lol...

He probably has the TP2 in the sig just to get by being called a Troll. LMAO. My last response here. Sorry for being off topic.

p-slim 02-19-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1577435)

wait, are you talking to me? kabuk every thread i go into your bashing wp7. Damn i can swear we've watched the same videos and you never have anything good to say, YOU MUST REALLY HATE WP7 without even trying it out, at least i've tried the os' i hate on. there is a saying in the bible that fits this situation, get the log out of your eye before you worry about the splinter in someone elses.

p-slim 02-19-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHlLLES (Post 1577444)
He probably has the TP2 in the sig just to get by being called a Troll. LMAO. My last response here. Sorry for being off topic.

these are the kind of statements people turn to, when their previous post was a fail :twisted: I don't have a tp2 and i'm a troll, ok look at my reputation one more time.

ACHlLLES 02-19-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1577451)
these are the kind of statements people turn to, when their previous post was a fail :twisted: I don't have a tp2 and i'm a troll, ok look at my reputation one more time.

Stop repping yourself.

kabuk1 02-19-2010 05:33 PM

Don't be so touchy, P. This is just a phone forum. Everyone just relax. Remember what they say about internet fights being like the special olympics.

Yeah, I bash 7 a lot, cause I think it's a horrible direction for MS to take WinMo in. It makes me angry that they're effectively downgrading what is, IMO, the most powerful mobile OS ever, simply to appeal to n00bs. I wouldn't say I HATE it really, simply because I HAVE never tried it. But, I don't have to try a BlackBerry or drive a Pinto to know I'll hate being stuck with one of those too. Based on what I've seen so far, 7 looks pretty damn lame.

The difference here, though, is that I don't go into the WP7 forums(not that any even exist yet to my knowledge) & bash it to all the people who like it. I don't say stuff like 'everyone who likes WP7 needs to shut up and move on!' or anything to that nature. Not saying that's exactly what YOU say, but that's how you come off sometimes.

I'm exiting this thread as well. Arguing is ghey.

BBHOLIDAY 02-19-2010 05:50 PM

I've seen these symptoms before!

Touchy +extreme number of post+ bragging about outrageous Rep

diagnosis--------Blue balls =D>

p-slim 02-19-2010 05:57 PM

Blue balls, this is who I'm arguing with, yes close this thread.

Mr.KLeen 02-19-2010 07:03 PM

please do

Sporkman 02-19-2010 07:14 PM

yea if you want it to crawl at a snails pace

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Technoob 02-19-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1577466)
Don't be so touchy, P. This is just a phone forum. Everyone just relax. Remember what they say about internet fights being like the special olympics.

Yeah, I bash 7 a lot, cause I think it's a horrible direction for MS to take WinMo in. It makes me angry that they're effectively downgrading what is, IMO, the most powerful mobile OS ever, simply to appeal to n00bs. I wouldn't say I HATE it really, simply because I HAVE never tried it. But, I don't have to try a BlackBerry or drive a Pinto to know I'll hate being stuck with one of those too. Based on what I've seen so far, 7 looks pretty damn lame.

The difference here, though, is that I don't go into the WP7 forums(not that any even exist yet to my knowledge) & bash it to all the people who like it. I don't say stuff like 'everyone who likes WP7 needs to shut up and move on!' or anything to that nature. Not saying that's exactly what YOU say, but that's how you come off sometimes.

It happens all the time when a new better technology comes... its so hard for people to accept it...
But once they do...Rest is history...
When 7 will be here..ppcgeeks will be also around but rather than "cooking" to get a decent performance from our device we all will be talking about how our 7 is finally kicking some ass!

furiousgtz 02-19-2010 07:57 PM

its like running tf3d on old ppc6700 or mogul

kabuk1 02-19-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technoob (Post 1577705)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1577466)

It happens all the time when a new better technology comes... its so hard for people to accept it...
But once they do...Rest is history...
When 7 will be here..ppcgeeks will be also around but rather than "cooking" to get a decent performance from our device we all will be talking about how our 7 is finally kicking some ass!

OK. I know I said I was outta here, but this just gets me. New does NOT always equal better. Case in point- VISTA. I can't stand this ridiculous attitude so many people have that old = CRAP and new automatically means better. Yeesh.

WP7 is hard to accept(at least for me) because it is a step BACKWARDS. They are removing features & imposing new limits. I don't know about you, but that is not my definition of 'better'.