PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sleep OF Death! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111147)

123sit 08-05-2010 12:00 PM

Re: URGENT PROBLEM: Not Waking Up from Sleep

I concur about the SRS WOW driver, was doing some testing last week with it and kept getting SOD's until it was removed.

[sammich] 08-05-2010 12:01 PM

Re: Sleep OF Death!

In Soviet Russia, thread merges YOU!!

(Threads merged ;) )

smitty7002 08-05-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 1899783)
In Soviet Russia, thread merges YOU!!

(Threads merged ;) )

thanks for that, i google'd "htc keeps shutting off" and all the responses i got was hard-reset :\

and hmm, so no drivers work whatsoever for HTC TP2? i found two different SRS WOW HD drivers (v1.2 and v1.5 i believe), or at least they look different..but i haven't tried the former one. im guessing it will also cause problems.

but maybe it was a placebo effect if indeed the drivers didn't work, and i just felt that it was giving me better sound haha.

edit:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710257
i guess the drivers DO indeed do what they are meant to do but it conflicts with HTC's audiobooster and TF3D..so the only fix to really use this driver is to install the ENERGY ROM or some sort of rom that doesn't incorporate TF3D?

AZTECHKA 08-05-2010 02:11 PM

Hello... Comrades...
I'm not in mother Russia. But do hav tp2.
Experience screen of the death.
Exchange was made at Sprint store. New phone not hav problem.
Reccomend for you. Do the same.
Must go. Natasha calling me. Need more vodka.
p.

zachin2036 08-05-2010 03:11 PM

Comrades, I have traveled long distance from other thread, I must tell you of incredible solution I have seen for SOD!

Удалить весь текст общения!

Just kidding. Well kind of. Someone had mentioned in another thread to delete your texts and e-mails down to a manageable amount. That worked for my wife - she had 20 threads in her text inbox and 700 sent messages. She was SODing once every 3 hours. After deleting all of her Inbox and Sent texts, she hasn't SOD'd.

GREAT SUCCESS! большим успехом!

[sammich] 08-05-2010 04:44 PM

I wasn't having any DSoD issues until I changed a setting.

An S2U2 setting. I enabled screen rotation again and the issue came back. I put the setting back to ignore screen rotations, and the DSoD's stopped.

Not by any means an ABSOLUTE, but if others disable S2U2 from rotating and their issues are solved, maybe that's a start?

AZTECHKA 08-05-2010 06:06 PM

There are other SOD threads... This is a hot mess...
For me it showed up randomly... I must have done 30 hard resets and hundreds of soft resets... I almost went to the sprint store and got a different phone all together. However, the problem was issued as soon as I got a replacement phone.
I tried it all... I blamed all my cabs... But when I finally started getting an SOD on a fresh hard reset with no cabs intalled... I knew it was time to give the AWESOME techs at the sprint service center a crack at it. Replaced.
p.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachin2036 (Post 1900140)
Comrades, I have traveled long distance from other thread, I must tell you of incredible solution I have seen for SOD!

Удалить весь текст общения!

zachin... You get thank you spank from this comrade for wunderful depict of Russian guy for me.
I like you.
You makes laugh for me. The interweb is good to me.
For you too.
p.

aiiee 08-06-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachin2036 (Post 1896133)
Dude, sorry I'm late coming back here - but wanted to tell you that after I had my wife delete all of her text threads (Inbox AND the 700, yes - seven hundred in Sent), she hasn't had an SOD.

So I'm pretty convinced that she (at least) was getting SOD'd from having too many texts.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear it :headbang:
I'm not here much any more either as unfortunately it appears the TP2 is yesterday's news and mine couldn't be running better.

Thanks for posting your results.

constitutionalist 08-07-2010 04:46 AM

So basically, what we've learned so far is that HTC software writers left too many sammich crumbs in their notes and that SODs are a little like an alcoholic: Start a new program? I'll drink to that. Close a program? I'll drink to that. Update your weather? I'll drink to that. Have the temerity to turn my screen off while I'm working my butt off for you? I'll drink to that, too!

Anyway, some good news at least for me: After installing CHT 1.8.5 about a week ago, my SODs went bye-bye. So maybe there's hope for Lindsay Lohan after all.

nokiadashi 08-18-2010 02:17 AM

Re: Sleep OF Death! solution?

I rarely encountered SOD over the passed one year!

My experience told me that SOD has NOTHING to do with phone itself,otherwise I would have regularly seen SODs no matter what rom I use.

I have used over 80 roms for my HTC Touch Pro2! my experience told you this:

SOD definitely has things to do with roms, only a few roms got me SOD once for a while,other roms never have SOD,not even once.

One member said deleting messages will probably push SOD away,but I don't quite agree this is solution, because I was using 6.5 Foundation v1.0 by Joe USer for almost a month, my phone log and SMS messages were clogged up (backup and restored from previous roms),but never a SOD thing happened.

I read all 8 pages of this post,doesnt seem there is final solution.

Last night I flashed WM6.5_21907_M2.5 by WildChild[WCX_RHODIUM_S2_UPDATED_APPS],surprisingly,right after flashing plus some applications installed and I kept the phone in the table for a while, what I found was black screen,no pushing any button could wake it up.

Today I am still keeping an eye on this rom for the chance of SOD,but it has not happened yet.

Feeling bored,I searched internet and found this post.

By the way,some good roms could be found here:

Tittle:
least battery drain roms so far,just my opinion

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649466