PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Windows XP on Touch Pro 2?

Can somebody be able to port a version of XP on a touch pro 2. I was wondering if somebody can make this a secondary os just like android.

Last edited by Mr. X; 02-13-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: XP Priate Edition which is 1/3 the size of xp on Touch Pro 2?

um....huh?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can this be done? Is anybody brave enough to make this happen??
Old 02-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

The claim that you can run warcraft on a piece of crap computer. I believe the touch pro 2 is maybe a little bit better than a piece of crap computer (can fit in 256M of hard drive space, runs fast on a 100Mhz Pentium or 586 chip, and only needs 50M of RAM to run) is it?

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-13-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:42 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

since i have no idea what your talking about ill point you in the direction of the wisbar a.d. vista theme. sorry?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107645
Old 02-13-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

I don't know how our processors in our phones are compared to a standard X86 processor, but I am guessing it would require someone to develop a emulator, or virtual machine on top of a barebones phone rom.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am talking about putting the real version of XP on our touch pro 2 with this operating system. Not a fake version. Something similar to what they are doing with the android operation system but with XP Pirate Edition. I want to know if somebody can have XP Pirate Edition run as a secondary operating system from a micro sd card. I know it will be a lot of work maybe we can create a bounty or something. I willing to contribute $50.00 to the cause.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
I don't know how our processors in our phones are compared to a standard X86 processor, but I am guessing it would require someone to develop a emulator, or virtual machine on top of a barebones phone rom.
This is what I am talking about!
Old 02-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

not going to happen, XP is not coded to run on ARM based processors. therefore would have to have another os installed n the background to emulate it. it would run like balls. and half of it wouldn't function correctly. in conclusion it would be useless.

I also removed 99% of your OP and renamed the thread. please don't copy and paste anything here that has any reference to piracy. we don't want it here.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 02-13-2010 at 05:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Windows XP on Touch Pro 2?

Call up MS and ask them to compile Windows to run on ARM and send it to you, then you'll be able to run XP on your phone....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
android, windows 6.5, windows xp pirate edition, xp, xp port