PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text Messages Coming In Hours Late

So, when ever I go to my friends house I have no service. That's ZERO service. After I leave, I get text messages with time stamps from hours before. Not only that, they come in out of order sometimes, (ie I'll get one from 9:45, then 9:30). Even when I send and receive new messages, they just appear randomly.

I'm running stock everything, and this has always happened since I've had a Mogul. Would I need to edit some settings under the EPST? I don't have my MSL so if there were the case I would need to obtain that first. Any input would be appreciated, thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Re: Text Messages Coming In Hours Late

Well, if you have no service at your friend's place, once you get back in range you're getting the messages that couldn't be delivered while out of service. It's like if you're in "airplane" mode; the device still works but it's not picking up any signals.

I had a problems with getting my text messages a while back. It wasn't a coverage issue, but I think something I'd downloaded. Unfortunately, the only way I could find to fix it was to hard reset and re-build my phone.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2 SPRINT
Carrier: sprint

salzamani is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 View Post
So, when ever I go to my friends house I have no service. That's ZERO service. After I leave, I get text messages with time stamps from hours before. Not only that, they come in out of order sometimes, (ie I'll get one from 9:45, then 9:30). Even when I send and receive new messages, they just appear randomly.

I'm running stock everything, and this has always happened since I've had a Mogul. Would I need to edit some settings under the EPST? I don't have my MSL so if there were the case I would need to obtain that first. Any input would be appreciated, thanks
try flashing a different radio....that fixed my problem back when I had my touch pro 1 would miss my texts while at work....just like you said, then when I left work all of them would start randomly coming in out of time order. for my touch pro 1 the telus radio worked perfectly while the sprint stock radio did not...Haven't had that problem with the TP2 stock sprint radio...trust me try flashing a couple different radios until you get the best performance at your friends house. also it did wonders for my battery life too.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800, q9c, a900, Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

memphisboi55 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to memphisboi55 Send a message via Yahoo to memphisboi55

i keep getting repeated texts in over and over. like everytime a few of my friends text me a new text... i get an old one along with it. and its the same one everytime from like a week ago!

and why doesn't it show the time i get the texts?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 View Post

try to check how your messages are arranged (by message type, from, received or subject). i have mine set to list it by receive date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisboi55 View Post
i keep getting repeated texts in over and over. like everytime a few of my friends text me a new text... i get an old one along with it. and its the same one everytime from like a week ago!

and why doesn't it show the time i get the texts?
are you custom or stock? if you're stock, try to check if sprint is having problems on their end. i used to get the same problem as you (but not the old text message coming in again). i used to always get double/triple messages from the same person...and it would be the same message. i called sprint one day and told them regarding the same messages coming it more than once. at that time, they told me that they were having problems with their system. if you have unlimited messaging, wouldn't cost you anything...but it does get annoying as hell. but if you're on a messaging bucket, make sure to let sprint know ASAP.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2