PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fry112 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Annoying problem with touch pro!!!

Ok this one is a big one for me because I am a black male!!! Everytime I go into a store with this thing it rings the alarm !! really sucks !! Ive got managers rushing to make sure I dident steal anything is anyone else having this problem or is it just me ?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Annoying problem with touch pro!!!

sorry dude...my TP2 does NOT set off any alarms

Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Man im a black male too but lmao... I feel you though but i've NEVER had that issue
Old 02-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fry112 is a n00b

Well that sucks ! Ha this will be the weirdest reason to have to get a replacement phone!!! some idiot left a magnet in my damn phone when it was made

oh well at-least I see no one else is having this problem
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually no one left a magnet if your phone because that isn't what is used in modern RFID security systems. Do others set the alarm off with your phone. Because I doubt it is the phone being that unless some sprint employee put a coil behind your battery the phone can't set it off.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fry112 is a n00b

Yes its the phone ! if I pass the phone over to a friend from one side to the other and it beeps then that makes it the phone!!! nothing is stuck to the battery cover and the phone is from asurion so who knows what its been through.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

i say call 'em up and scream
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

batpot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry112 View Post
Yes its the phone ! if I pass the phone over to a friend from one side to the other and it beeps then that makes it the phone!!! nothing is stuck to the battery cover and the phone is from asurion so who knows what its been through.
try giving it to a white friend...

no, I keed, I keed.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

The color of your skin is a non-issue.. Now to the issue at hand.. Is it one particular store that this happens at or all stores that have the metal detectors?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry112 View Post
Ok this one is a big one for me because I am a black male!!! Everytime I go into a store with this thing it rings the alarm !! really sucks !! Ive got managers rushing to make sure I dident steal anything is anyone else having this problem or is it just me ?
I am pretty sure this issue would have the same importance if you were a white, asian, latino or arabian male. Nice try with the race card though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2