PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   anyone else get annoyed with opera (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109904)

drtdiver83 02-08-2010 12:35 PM

anyone else get annoyed with opera

does anyone else get annoyed with the way opera loads pages? it looks like the page is done loading you zoom in start reading and bam its loading again takes u to the top of the page or bottom. then you have to find where you were on the page. maybe i expect to do things a little too fast. i just find it very annoying.

boxeduphouses 02-08-2010 12:44 PM

Re: anyone else get annoyed with opera

That happens to me sometimes as well however for the most part I have found that Opera kicks PIE's booty with the exception of not being able to handle Flash natively. Have you tried installing the latest beta build from Opera? Perhaps it works better then the stock version given to us TP2 users? Goodluck!

speedracersdead 02-08-2010 12:51 PM

I've ditched Opera for Skyfire...well mostly. I still have Opera on the phone...but don't really use it anymore because I find it sluggish and annoyingly unnatural to navigate/zoom. I also think it uses more resources than Skyfire...but have no proof for that one.

drtdiver83 02-08-2010 01:05 PM

i do agree that opera kicks the butt of most browsers out there. i havent used the new opera 10 i plan on it. skyfire in my opinion is cool for video playback but is balls slow. and quite frankly looks like crap.

one80oneday 02-08-2010 01:39 PM

Skyfire is ok but needs to add tabs, both need better zooming.

fr0st 02-08-2010 02:13 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

I cant wait for firefox to come out for wm. Looks very promising from the video Ive seen.

drtdiver83 02-08-2010 02:52 PM

i second that on firefox. when they roll that out i think i may dump every other browser like ive done on my pc and mac.

IM0001 02-08-2010 03:01 PM

Guys give the Opera 10 beta 2 a try. Its way better IMO then the stock opera that comes with our phone. Everything from zooming, to page rendering, and tabed browsing is 10x better. :) It does still sometimes however do the page loading thing and jump you to the top but is much less then the old version.

lazydazed 02-08-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drtdiver83 (Post 1550340)
i do agree that opera kicks the butt of most browsers out there. i havent used the new opera 10 i plan on it. skyfire in my opinion is cool for video playback but is balls slow. and quite frankly looks like crap.

heve you tried the new skyfire? imho it looks pretty damn good now that it supports vga res., but then again im coming from using it for years with it looking completely like crap

The Sapient 02-08-2010 03:28 PM

I mostly stick with Opera Mini. I just hate the checkerboard you get with all the other browsers.