PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

jateshk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
getting tp2 today...thinking about iphone..whos have both?

I am getting a TP2 today. Ive had the TP1 for over a year. But my heart still says iphone..the apps...the interface.

Whos had both and what do people like better?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: getting tp2 today...thinking about iphone..whos have both?

I'm veturing to guess that you haven't really tinkered/modded your TouchPro since you're "new" (according to your post count) to the forum.

if you haven't...then I suggest you do MORE reading here on the Touch Pro to see and learn of the myriad of possibilities concerning your current phone. Then imagine that and MORE concerning the Touch Pro 2.

True you can unlock the iPhone and it has all those apps...but really...do you really want to get locked into that closed environment?

I have an iPod Touch (jailbroken) but have yet to be able to have the kind of freedom I have on my Touch Pro 2 when we talk about customizing.

besides, it'll be down to personal preference....

Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I don't think it is wise posting about comparing a TP2 and Iphone in this forum... things can get pretty nasty (towards you and iphone) I once had an iphone and ipod touch first gen, it was neat and all that but not being able to have a spare battery killed it. I've become a Windows mobile geek indeed. I don't see myself getting an iphone anytime soon unless WM dies....
Old 01-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

idk bout an iphone as i never had 1 but untill i use a on screen keyboard that can replicate those real full qwerty 1z similar to tp & tp2 me, dumpringz would stick to tp2 .. but thats jus dumpringz lol
Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

slr916ek9 is keeping up the good workslr916ek9 is keeping up the good work

nothing better then windows mobile...hands down!...my tp2 does everything and anything i throw at it..

Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i agree with the last two posts. yeah just search about customizing the tp2 and iphone,.
here are some links about tp2 and iphone
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=tp2+iphone
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102408
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100269
check this place out too, its for iphone
http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124
goodluck

Last edited by Mr.KLeen; 01-20-2010 at 03:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

jimbutsu is a n00b

I had a 3Gs and brought it back to the store, trading for a TP2. The iPhone was fun to play with, but at the end of the day ATT locks down what you can do on the network (when you have coverage) and Apple locks down what you can do with the device. For a long time I maintained that the iPhone was far and away the best piece of hardware out there but it's crippled by the restrictions that the carrier and manufacturer put on it (also of note, you can only associate it with an iTunes library on one PC, which was part of the killer for me).

That being said, my wife just got a Droid, and that thng is NICE. Firsthand use of the 3Gs, TP2, and Droid, and I'd say Droid wins, but that's personal preference. The TP2 is really missing a capacitive touchscreen- the interface always feels sluggish and clumsy to me.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i have both. personally...the iphone gets really, really...boring! and apple has a fit about every little jailbreak/unlock and hates on you for downloading cracked apps. i neglect my iphone now that i have a touch pro 2.
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 01-20-2010, 03:36 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbutsu View Post
I had a 3Gs and brought it back to the store, trading for a TP2. The iPhone was fun to play with, but at the end of the day ATT locks down what you can do on the network (when you have coverage) and Apple locks down what you can do with the device. For a long time I maintained that the iPhone was far and away the best piece of hardware out there but it's crippled by the restrictions that the carrier and manufacturer put on it (also of note, you can only associate it with an iTunes library on one PC, which was part of the killer for me).

That being said, my wife just got a Droid, and that thng is NICE. Firsthand use of the 3Gs, TP2, and Droid, and I'd say Droid wins, but that's personal preference. The TP2 is really missing a capacitive touchscreen- the interface always feels sluggish and clumsy to me.
I pretty much cosign this.. handled all 3 and to me the droid was the best, followed by tp2 then iphone.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use to have both..got rid of the iphone, but it really depends on what u want in a phone

Dank-Ass Robba

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2