PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 12:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mammcdonald is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint touch pro 2 tethering hhhhheeeeelllllppppppp

i had a touch pro and used terthering internet all the time great. My 3 year decided my phone needed bath and now sprint gave me touch pro 2 first week tetheing worked now no luke at all i really need help. I have read all the forums and usedf mighty mikes fix did not work i also used the wifi connection fix in one of the htc touch pro2 forums and still no luke i have also installed the phm regedit and done the internet sharing delet and no help. the 2 things that happen when i plug up to pc and screewn come up to select sync or disk or internet sharing and use phone as modem i get error code 67. registration failure username pass incorrect. whent in and have the #777 sprint. so im stuck please help i really need this. work out in the field all the time and it is alot better doing all my reports on computer than on my phone i think im already getting arthritis and only 35. pleasssssseeee help im begging please.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: sprint touch pro 2 tethering hhhhheeeeelllllppppppp

Tethering - tested and works

1 - using file explorer go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs - delete internect connection sharing

2 install - ICS_and_WModem_Fix cab

3. using a regedit program

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

[HKLM\Services\CMGuardian]
Flags = 4 (it's a DWORD if it doesn't exist.)

4 - soft reset
5 - Start the Internet Sharing application.
6 - Select Sprint under type of connection.
7 - Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application.
8 - Connect to the Laptop/PC via USB
9 - Done. No other applications needs to run on the PC/Laptop.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Do you have the Carrier cab. installed, Mine errored to with that cab installed. Also make sure you do a profile update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mammcdonald is a n00b

i do not have the carrier cab i think im trying what boo boo said and crossing my fings
Old 11-07-2009, 02:20 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i suggest maybe turning data off completely, plug in usb to pc........ hit disk drive......... now go turn your data back on and open Internet sharing and try again..... i get error 67 sometimes as well and have to close data completely and turn it back on to work, and I hit disk drive so it wont automatically connect, I like to hit connect myself.......

hope ya get it....... you have all the right options on the Internet sharing right?????????

like the phone as modem or sprint connection right???????????
Old 11-07-2009, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

I was able to use HTC wifirouter WITHOUT connecting to the computer through usb...when i tried to use it connecting through the computer it would not work at all.....

1. turn on wifi on tp2

2.make sure data connection is on in comm manager...

3. turn on htc wifi router....

4. goto your laptop/computer and "connect to a network"....

5. pick "wifi router" and put in the security code 1234567890

6. it may at this time say waiting for users to connect to your ad-hoc network.....

7. go back to tp2 and make sure wifi router is still running and connected

8. goto comm manager and make sure actual wifi is on and data services are on....

9. you should be able to use internet on your cpu at this point....remember do not connect tp2 to usb or active sync will override wifirouter..... goodluck
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mammcdonald is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i suggest maybe turning data off completely, plug in usb to pc........ hit disk drive......... now go turn your data back on and open Internet sharing and try again..... i get error 67 sometimes as well and have to close data completely and turn it back on to work, and I hit disk drive so it wont automatically connect, I like to hit connect myself.......

hope ya get it....... you have all the right options on the Internet sharing right?????????

like the phone as modem or sprint connection right???????????
I did what the boo boo said but when i get to hklm/services/cmguaridan i have nothing that says flag i have
ab description
ab display name
ab dii
d index =2
d keep =1
d order =8
ab prefix ap2
so wich one do i change i see nothiung with flag all the ones with d have reg_dword but wich one to change
Old 11-07-2009, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

best part about my way is you get internet and it charges the phone too
Old 11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if boo boos or my suggestion didnt work do this........ his reg edit does the same but to me is more confusing...... mines simpler... and Ive done this a million times and never failed me.....

hklm/comm/internet sharing/settings deleteforcecell connection (the whole thing, completely get rid of it......... thats it........

its the same reg edit as boo boos but simpler..... intead of re. changing a few things just delete that forcecellconnection and golden.....

Last edited by Dragon2; 11-07-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

if you are using mighty ROM and want to use usb ICS just do the following (you don't have to change anything!!!)

connect to pc and you shoud get a pop up screen with 3 choices.
pick stoage.
on your phone goto start/internet/internet sharing
that should work with mikes rom (the ICS sharing and wifi router is already installed on his ROM!!)

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609

Last edited by ACHlLLES; 11-07-2009 at 02:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2