PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Puk???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109035)

00_MACKIE_00 02-22-2010 11:45 AM

Re: Puk????

Did you try just taking the thing out?

Mojary 02-22-2010 11:59 AM

If I were you, i'd just bring the phone to the sprint store and let them know the situation. tell them you'd been trying to get support to help you for a few days now without success. then have them take care of it for you. they can call customer support and talk to the correct level of support.

HBOOT 02-22-2010 12:43 PM

i took it out and tossed it, dont need that thang,nomsayin:mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 (Post 1582244)
Did you try just taking the thing out?

ShadowDrake 02-22-2010 03:28 PM

Somebody at Sprint knows, and it's possible they didn't have an answer first time around because of your level of frustration or they simply didn't know.

They're just human beings on the other side of the phone too, you know. Expecting a hive-mind level of collaboration on a simple tech support call to a company that large is a little crazy. At the computer shop I work with, we're pretty coordinated but people expect us all to be all-knowing about every single word another tech said... it just doesn't work like that.

Just call back and be kind, if the tech can't answer your question, ask to be escalated. Keep going up till SOMEONE has an answer. You may have to call sprint international. Just be straightforward, tell them you were playing around and got the phone locked and need the Pin Unlock Key (PUK).

Having to answer people's (dumbass) calls on a daily basis doesn't put me in a good mood either when people call with a sense of self-entitlement. Just be aware the person on the other end is a human being too. Be kind, be understanding, and most importantly, BE REASONABLE. That'll get you farther with tech support than anything else.

PUK retrieval for GSM phones is pretty much normal, so it's possible here. It may have to be done at Sprint International, though.

KrisK91 02-23-2010 02:39 PM

Alright so I have called sprint about this issue yet again and was transfered to 3 diffrent people. The last guy I had spoke to was nice and tried to figure out the problem, he had called some places to try and find out the PUK code, but he told me that the TP2 should not be asking for the PUK code, because the only phones on the sprint network that use the codes are nextel phones. He told me that I would have to take the phone to a repair center, which the closest one to me is like almost an hour away. And he that if I enter the code incorrectly it will lock me out of the phone, he also said that once the phone is completely locked the sprint store can reset the phone. But isen't resetting the phone the same thing as doing a hard reset? I asked him if it would just be better if I bought a new SIM card and he said no, cause it probally will continue to ask for the PUK code even with the new SIM card in the phone.
I do not know what to do about this!!!!
Anybody have any other ideas!
Please, im open for anything.

Thanks!

HBOOT 02-23-2010 03:07 PM

Dude, why do you need the Sprint Sim, u going overseas and planning on using Sprint? just wondering:scratch:, again first thing I did was put a local Sim when traveling...:mrgreen:

Mojary 02-23-2010 04:44 PM

i agree with HB. you don't the sprint SIM in there. they only provide you that just in case you were going out of the country and would want to use their international roaming service. but other than that, while you're stateside, it's a worthless piece of crap. and even if you do travel to another country, you can buy a local sim card to use with your phone.

or...if you are really hell bent on getting the PUK code for the sprint sim, you might as well just go into a sprint store and tell them what you want and that purposely locking the phone just so the store can do a reset is not an option. at least at the sprint store, you are actually talking to a human being face to face and can tell them what you're trying to do...and they can handle the calling for you while you're in the store.

ossixxxx 10-16-2010 12:37 AM

My TP2 did have the plastic card that my sim was once housed in in the box but it doesn't have the PUK anywhere on it. Why is it so dang difficult to access the PUK. I can't do a activesync on my computer with the sim locked and asking for the PUK.

ossixxxx 10-16-2010 12:45 AM

At least I think that is the reason I can't sync at the moment. maybe not? my phone is currently all f'ed up.

Oridus 10-16-2010 12:49 AM

Long story short, the puk is generated by a carrier's computers when they assign a sim to a number. If you had a sim that came in the tp2 at purchase, sprint has the code for that sim. If they can't get it, have them send you a new sim, with the puk it generates in their system.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Talon Pro 10-16-2010 12:59 AM

I didnt get a SIM, and my phone says SIM Unlocked, and my phone works fine. Take the damn thing out and use it like normal.

horndoctor 10-16-2010 01:27 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro
I didnt get a SIM, and my phone says SIM Unlocked, and my phone works fine. Take the damn thing out and use it like normal.

Some things won't work without a sim in the slot like tethering.