PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Google Voice for TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108728)

mstevens 02-01-2010 01:22 AM

Re: Google Voice for TP2

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiPilot (Post 1530600)
I currently have a Motorola i850 phone with nextel service. I have a google number and when someone leaves me a message it comes through split into several small messages. A real pain in the.......

So, I have had my eye on the tp2 for some time now and Verizon has free activation now. Will my message come through in several small chunks or in one message?

It depends.

If you're having the voicemail texted to you via SMS, there's an absolute character limit. If the transcribed VM exceeds that limit, it'll be cut into chunks. If you're having it emailed to you, I've never hit a size limit on email on my TP2 (once I set the receive limit to the entire message rather than the default of 2KB).

monterra83 02-01-2010 03:24 AM

I have 3 more...

MiPilot 02-01-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 1531427)
It depends.

If you're having the voicemail texted to you via SMS, there's an absolute character limit. If the transcribed VM exceeds that limit, it'll be cut into chunks. If you're having it emailed to you, I've never hit a size limit on email on my TP2 (once I set the receive limit to the entire message rather than the default of 2KB).

Got it.....Thank you very much

MakuSoto 02-01-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monterra83 (Post 1531620)
I have 3 more...

please send one this way at makusoto @ gmail.com

Thanks!

iknight8 02-01-2010 02:24 PM

myGV isnt an APP... u can just dial frm ur phone and access all the info or just use pIE to access the web feature!!! :)

KevinC2021 02-01-2010 07:45 PM

Does google voice have a feature to send friends invites like gmail did or do you just get the one invite for your own phone and thats it?

I am trying to get one for my mother.

shadowclosemyspace AT gmail DOT com

willnj 02-03-2010 11:52 AM

Just got this link for a google voice invite from Sprint EVP Feb. newsletter, I hope it works for everyone!!!!!

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

erh7771 02-03-2010 12:47 PM

Hmmm, voip via google?...so eventually if this works out you can get a crappy voice plan and a Sprint data plan and talk unlimited with unlimited text?! (google voice + ppm phone OR low cost voice line + magic jack)

hmmm, k....net neutrality war bout to kick up soon....no doubt

dgourd 02-03-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erh7771 (Post 1537694)
Hmmm, voip via google?...so eventually if this works out you can get a crappy voice plan and a Sprint data plan and talk unlimited with unlimited text?! (google voice + ppm phone OR low cost voice line + magic jack)

hmmm, k....net neutrality war bout to kick up soon....no doubt

Actually, current Google Voice programs for WinMo use the callback method (and another one that I cant remember the name to). So you need a voice plan to access your GV number anyway. The android GV program uses wifi to make the call.

P.S. Sprint data comes with unlimited text. So GV will only be useful for minutes.

profroopchan 02-03-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamidxa (Post 1529899)
Yep, after trying other solutions, this is definitely the best way to go.

I always install:

iDialer, iDialer-config, iContact, Greenbutton, and the blue iPhone skin.

Doesn't really get any better or more convenient (post-install) than that.

Does this replace the stock dialer and TF3D contact on the Sprint TP2? or is it simply a additional dialer that I can open when I want to make a google voice call?