PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
HTCSettings.exe .. what am I missing?

I'm trying to make a shortcut that goes directly to the windows settings versus the settings tab in manila. I thought I had to link to htcsettings.exe.. so my rom didn't have that, I found one and it works but it looks all messed up.

Any of you gurus out there know what I am doing wrong? Or just a solution?

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff
Re: HTCSettings.exe .. what am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
I'm trying to make a shortcut that goes directly to the windows settings versus the settings tab in manila. I thought I had to link to htcsettings.exe.. so my rom didn't have that, I found one and it works but it looks all messed up.

Any of you gurus out there know what I am doing wrong? Or just a solution?

Thanks.
if you are using a 6.5 rom...
look in the registry at HKLM\Security\Shell|Startinfo\HideSettings...make sure this is at 0 and the setting link will appear in the start menu that directs you to windows settings

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsleepr View Post
if you are using a 6.5 rom...
look in the registry at HKLM\Security\Shell|Startinfo\HideSettings...make sure this is at 0 and the setting link will appear in the start menu that directs you to windows settings
just out of curiousity, how the hell did you know that??

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
just out of curiousity, how the hell did you know that??

~John
I quit asking this question aging ago. How the people know the things they know here literally amazes me. I just sum it up to "they're geniuses"
Old 11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*
Threadstarter

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

lol thanks guys, MightyMike actually helped me out and I forgot about this thread.

One question that is still lingering, now that I've done the registry edits, I have 2 settings links in the start menu..

How the heck can I ditch the one that is for the manila tab settings shortcut?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
lol thanks guys, MightyMike actually helped me out and I forgot about this thread.

One question that is still lingering, now that I've done the registry edits, I have 2 settings links in the start menu..

How the heck can I ditch the one that is for the manila tab settings shortcut?
I don't think you can. I may be wrong, but that's cooked into the ROM & if you delete it I think it will probably come back again.......

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

I just deleted the orig settings from my start menu, I'll see if it stays deleted or not..........

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

it should stay deleted!!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

Well, maybe I'm wrong.

I unhid the Windows settings & then deleted the original settings shortcut from the Windows start menu using ActiveSync.

I have restarted it three times & it's still gone......

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsleepr View Post
it should stay deleted!!
We'll see, I know the HTC calendar shortcut keeps coming back.........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2