PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 04:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ppcfreakk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ppcfreakk
Exclamation New Fix for WM 2016 SMS Bug y2k16

According to WMExperts here is the official statement from a Microsoft spokesperson in regards to the SMS 2016 Bug in WM :
“Microsoft is aware of reports that phone messages received after 1/1/2010 may be dated 2016. These reports have not yet resulted in widespread customer inquiries; however, we are working closely with our manufacturing and mobile operator partners to investigate the cause and correct the issue as appropriate.”

It looks like the bug is not limited to just WindowsMobile. There are news about ATM card Service being affected by this bug in Australia. Read about the Eftpos glitch in Australia http://www.smh.com.au/business/welco...0105-lqus.html

but in the mean time here is the cab for the y2k16 fix
Attached Files
File Type: cab Y2K16_Bug_Fix_App_Installer.CAB (326.6 KB, 144 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor
Re: New Fix for WM 2016 SMS Bug y2k16

Read the sticky -- the workaround was found by a developer here a week ago...

Not sure what yours does differently.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcfreakk View Post
According to WMExperts here is the official statement from a Microsoft spokesperson in regards to the SMS 2016 Bug in WM :
“Microsoft is aware of reports that phone messages received after 1/1/2010 may be dated 2016. These reports have not yet resulted in widespread customer inquiries; however, we are working closely with our manufacturing and mobile operator partners to investigate the cause and correct the issue as appropriate.”

It looks like the bug is not limited to just WindowsMobile. There are news about ATM card Service being affected by this bug in Australia. Read about the Eftpos glitch in Australia http://www.smh.com.au/business/welco...0105-lqus.html

but in the mean time here is the cab for the y2k16 fix
What's new about either your post or cab?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
What's new about either your post or cab?
there is nothing new about his at all nor did he say there was. Whats new about it is the fact that it comes from microsoft directly and not from a member of ppcgeeks.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
there is nothing new about his at all nor did he say there was. Whats new about it is the fact that it comes from microsoft directly and not from a member of ppcgeeks.
It doesnt come from microsoft and is from this site. http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=11880
Old 01-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looking at the CAB it is more than just a registry entries. Curious if it actually fixes the issue or is the stupid workaround that puts the time from the phone instead of the time the message was sent on the text.

Anyone else break this one down yet?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

"These reports have not yet resulted in widespread customer inquiries..."

Wow, nice lie there Microsoft. maybe the "fix" for this should be a phone number and email address where we can let them know it IS widespread. Either they have their heads in the sand or they are flat out lieing.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:56 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

the cab includes a file called "Y2K16 Bug Fixer.exe". i haven't tried this because i'm content with the previous fix (in fact, i like it better than it used to be because i'm in roaming quite often and now i actually get correct timestamps!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
"These reports have not yet resulted in widespread customer inquiries..."

Wow, nice lie there Microsoft. maybe the "fix" for this should be a phone number and email address where we can let them know it IS widespread. Either they have their heads in the sand or they are flat out lieing.
i think what it means is that not a whole lot of people have actually contacted microsoft about the issue, not that the issue itself isn't widespread

Last edited by strra; 01-09-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i think what it means is that not a whole lot of people have actually contacted microsoft about the issue, not that the issue itself isn't widespread
So how do you contact them? We need an email address or something. Nobody has contacted them yet because it's kind of difficult, and we expected them to already be on top of it anyway...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

dredd8 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
the cab includes a file called "Y2K16 Bug Fixer.exe". i haven't tried this because i'm content with the previous fix (in fact, i like it better than it used to be because i'm in roaming quite often and now i actually get correct timestamps!)

Just curious strra, the one that worked for you was it the ziggy.cab? I tried the 2016.cab on the top of this post and it didn't work for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2