PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

um... I'm asking for a friend who doesn't know, but what is push e-mail? I have Gmail set up with Imap on my... my friends phone, and it downloads every 5 min. . Is push immeidate? What is it?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work
Re: What is push e-mail?

There's a wiki for that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_e-mail

Push e-mail
is used to describe e-mail systems that provide an always-on capability, in which new e-mail is actively transferred (pushed) as it arrives by the mail delivery agent (MDA) (commonly called mail server) to the mail user agent (MUA), also called the e-mail client. E-mail clients include smartphones and, less strictly, IMAP personal computer mail applications.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, pushes them to ya phone as soon as they arrive to ya email account....... My buddy had his on yesterday, I sent him a email and instantly the thing came through......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:51 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Sounds awesome - immediate e-mail. How do I set it up?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
if you're trying to set up push-email for gmail...click on link below. will tell you what to input in your phone's email setup.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78799

when you get it set up...you may want to check your pop/imap settings in your gmail account to make sure imap is selected. (it should automatically do this for you though. it did when i set it up on my TP2..but just double check).

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-08-2010, 04:59 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
that part I cant help ya with..... I rarely get emails and its a battery drainer, so I check mine manually........ Im sure someone else will chime in
Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MNotar91 is a n00b

Quote:
For WM I believe you need a Microsoft Exchange Server. If you want to push your personal email there are services out there that offer exchange servers for about $5 a month. If you have access to an exchange server then you would not have to take that route.

I just got a Touch Pro 2 and switched over from BlackBerry so I no longer have push at the moment, but it's something I can live without for the time being.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Threadstarter

Yea, I noticed the Blackberries e-mails come in unusually fats, but now I know it's because they have push.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNotar91 View Post
For WM I believe you need a Microsoft Exchange Server. If you want to push your personal email there are services out there that offer exchange servers for about $5 a month. If you have access to an exchange server then you would not have to take that route.

I just got a Touch Pro 2 and switched over from BlackBerry so I no longer have push at the moment, but it's something I can live without for the time being.
You can set your email to Send/Receive every 5 minutes, so I don't know why people even bother with an exchange server unless you are required to use it.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

You should try something like 'xImap pusher'.
I think I got the .cab from xda (could have been here) but you input your gmail details and it works with the IMAP gmail server stuff to receive instant mail.

It's easy to set up and works well for me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab xImapPusherMultiple.cab (113.5 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2