PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

krwshl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slacker Radio Gets Stuck on Advertisements

I use slacker readio regularly on my Touch Pro 2. I didn't use to see advertisements, except for the ones that said you are listening to slacker radio. Recently advertisements for Home Depot have been coming up ... no big deal but it gets stuck on them and I have to change the channel for it to go away. Even if I let it sit there a few minutes

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Slacker Radio Gets Stuck on Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krwshl View Post
I use slacker readio regularly on my Touch Pro 2. I didn't use to see advertisements, except for the ones that said you are listening to slacker radio. Recently advertisements for Home Depot have been coming up ... no big deal but it gets stuck on them and I have to change the channel for it to go away. Even if I let it sit there a few minutes

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks a lot in advance!!
its not your phone , its slacker . it does it on my laptop too . they just aren't used to having advertisements . I just change the channel or press the skip button . but as for a fix , contact slacker . I still love slacker though !
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Thumbs down Re: Slacker Radio Gets Stuck on Advertisements

I've been meaning to post about this too, I've got the same issue
Old 06-24-2011, 10:19 AM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
I've been meaning to post about this too, I've got the same issue
yeah its not our trusty tp2 . its slacker . personally I just feel that they aren't used to adds so they don't really know how to incorporate them . plus I think the fact that fathers day is now over might be another issue . like the add is gone but it is still being added to the playlist .
Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

two-rocks is just getting started

Thought is was just me and my 'ol TP2 - guess I have to stop shopping for a new phone now (I will any excuse to upgrade!)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I think they're trying to encourage us to get the monthly subscription.
I love slacker, but it's really annoying to confront this every 20 minutes; specially while driving
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
I think they're trying to encourage us to get the monthly subscription.
I love slacker, but it's really annoying to confront this every 20 minutes; specially while driving
give it time , I'm sure you're right about getting people to upgrade , but seeing as it does this on their website , I'm sure they are working on it . or at least I will like to think that
Old 06-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
give it time , I'm sure you're right about getting people to upgrade , but seeing as it does this on their website , I'm sure they are working on it . or at least I will like to think that
well, I was half kidding about it
I have run into this problem with them before, I just think half their ads are awfully glitchy (I remember the Geiko ad several months ago had the same autoplay bug as the Lowes)
Old 06-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
well, I was half kidding about it
I have run into this problem with them before, I just think half their ads are awfully glitchy (I remember the Geiko ad several months ago had the same autoplay bug as the Lowes)
haha I remember that ! and I think its cause they aren't used to them lol
Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

its bad enough lately that I stopped using slacker. pitty as I enjoy it.

it hangs up RANDOMLY (not just on ads) and the only way to bypass is to change channel or hit NEXT which takes away one if your skips.

with ads its worse since YOU CAN NOT SKIP the ad (says so when you try) but its "stuck"

so for now I just had to stop using slacker at all. I hope they fix it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
slacker radio, wm 6.5