PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Need Help with Text messaging

Have a Touch Pro 2.

Stock Rom. Only major stuff installed is SPB Mobile shell 3.5.2, and TF detacher.

I think it started when I deleted a threaded msg as a new msg fom the same person was coming in.

Then my SPB scheduled Backup kicked in.

In a nutshell, ever since the soft reset after backup completed, It keeps showing me that I have 2 unread messages.

I've gone thru my entire In box and all msgs show as read.

I have soft reset again, tried PIM Back up and all restores still show 2 unread texts. It is annoying and the problem is that I need the text history which is why I haven't simply delet all texts or Hard reset.

I even tried Hard resetting and using SPB and then tried PIM and still same results.

Help fellow geeks.

I'd even be happy id there was something that simply lets me import the texts into an excell or some sort of doc I can store and view on my PC.

Thanks in advance all
Old 12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

docmump is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to docmump
Re: Need Help with Text messaging

Click All Messages then click where it says Inbox. You should see the down triangle. Once clicked you should see Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted, etc.. Check there for your unchecked text messages.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmump View Post
Click All Messages then click where it says Inbox. You should see the down triangle. Once clicked you should see Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted, etc.. Check there for your unchecked text messages.
I'm sorry but that doesn't help. I assume when U said Click All Messages, that U mean to choose Menu/select Messages/All.

Your method sows me all of the folders (Inbox, Sent, etc) but it still shows 2 unread messages, and I've gone thru every msg to sho it as unread manually. When I'm done, it still shows the 2 unread msgs.

Of the 1000's of msg I have, they have never shown as unread until the Scheduled Back up kicked in while I was in the middle of something.

I'm familiar with what you are talking about. Had several Win Mo devices. And have restored these same msgs from 1 device to another over the years. But all of a sudden, 2 unread.

Any other suggestions? And is there a way for me to import them to a veiwable file/spreadsheet? I though Pim Back up was supposed to let you but if so, I haven't figured that part out yet.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Anybody?????
Old 12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

clear ur texts.
menu/tools "clear mms/sms"

a back up of a error is gonna restore the error.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
clear ur texts.
menu/tools "clear mms/sms"

a back up of a error is gonna restore the error.
OP clearly stated in first post he needs the history for some reason and that is why he has not deleted all so kind of pointless to tell him to delete them with no way of a history solution.

You can use MS MyPhone to backup your texts (up to 10,000) and archive them. You could then view them on the website and still have your history available. Might try backing them up with MyPhone, then deleting them all from the phone and restoring via MyPhone isntead of SPB and see if that fixes it. At this point couldn't hurt. If that didn't fix it you could at least archive them there for history and then delete them from the phone to fix the issue while still being able to refer back to your messages.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhwkz View Post
OP clearly stated in first post he needs the history for some reason and that is why he has not deleted all so kind of pointless to tell him to delete them with no way of a history solution.

Thanks on the reiteration of that one for me.

I my try that. I already have some text stored there and on another site like it. But restoration of the text sometimes causes conflict. Probably because they were created for like 4 devices ago lol.

I may give that a try again.

Any word on backing text up to a viewable file onto a PC? I think that will be my best bet at this point.

And thanks again to all that offered help
Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I had to erase all texts and still got the 2 new next icon showing up.

But I think I figured out my problem.

I have conflippers weather database installed and for some reason that seems to be the hold up. Not sure why because I've used it for quite some time now. Haven't really installed anything new so not sure why the conflict all of a sudden.

When I uninstalled the weather database, the unread text notifications dissapeared.

My phone had been running slow for quite sometime but I was just too lazy to hard reset.

Needless to say, I have hard reset trying to fix this issue. And now have lost my msgs.

One question still hasn't been answered for me. Any word on backing text up to a viewable file onto a PC? Is there something that simply lets me import the texts msgs into an excel or some sort of doc I can store and view on my PC?

Thanks again all

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2