PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do i need to recalibrate battery?

Hey guys,

I have a quick question. I am currently running one of Silence's custom ROMS but have been switching/flashing between other chef's and I noticed that my battery life is still pretty good but will go down kinda fast till it gets to the 59% (60% if i use a rom that does the 10% increments). After it gets down to that spot it will stay there for a long time (several hours) then start going down to 0 at a regular pace according to activity (more if Im online/talking or steady if its idle). Is this regular? In the beginning it will just gradually go down to 0 so i wasnt sure if this is normal. If its not, any ideas what I could do?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Do i need to recalibrate battery?

Well generally li-ion batteries don't have the same memory issues like older ni-cd batteries to where you had to let ni-cd batteries drain every single time with each charge for optimal performance. But they say for optimal performance you might want to consider draining your li-ion battery all the way every 30 full charges.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

It never hurts to calibrate. I do it every few weeks or whenever my battery starts acting like that.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 12-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How would you go about calibrating the battery? Does the Touch Pro2 (or the battery itself) have some sort of hardware battery sensor? I assumed it was all software and got wiped with every flash/hard reset
Old 12-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Completely draining a Lithium battery recalibrates its reporting functions. Over time the amount of battery life available can become inaccurate. By completely draining the battery on occasion will reset that function.

Dave
Old 12-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It does make a world of difference sometimes, i can attest to that.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

THanks guys, I will try it and see....last question.....is it better to charge it via USB or the wall outlet when doing the calibration?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that USB charge is a trickle charge..so I'm venturing that USB is the way to go. Slow and steady charge.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that USB charge is a trickle charge..so I'm venturing that USB is the way to go. Slow and steady charge.
THanks, that is what im trying as we speak....ill let u guys know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
THanks guys, I will try it and see....last question.....is it better to charge it via USB or the wall outlet when doing the calibration?
When you completely drain a battery USB charging from a computer sometimes does not supply the needed amperage. If you try it and it does not work then plug it into the wall.

Dave
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2