PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Perception is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 is all jacked up, please help!

Hey All,

I'm on break from Army boot camp, and while i was home i decided to buy myself a new Touch Pro 2. Of course, being the tech lover I am, I decided to use the HardSPL unlocker and then tried to flash a ROM and Radio. I did the radio first, and thats where the trouble started.

Something went wrong to where my phone would just stick on the "touch pro 2" splash screen, and when I tried to hard reset and flash a new rom (energy rom), I now have an issue where the ROM wont finish flashing...it will start and then the screen goes blank and the phone turns off. Every single time this happens, if booting from USB or from SDcard, its always what happens. So here I am with a brick (damn i hope not) that I cant fix and cant flash a new rom onto, and I only have a few days until I have to go back to Boot, and I need a working phone while im there so I dont go insane.

Does anybody have a fix? or should I just get on with Asurian now and get a new one sent?

Any help will be very much appreciated,

thanks,

P
Old 12-25-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid
Re: Touch Pro 2 is all jacked up, please help!

First off I want to say "Thank you for your service"

You might try flashing back with a STOCK Sprint ROM. You can get one here I believe: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

Good luck, hang tuff, and Thanks again!

JustDavid (father of an Army grunt)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Perception is a n00b

JustDavid,

Thanks for the quick response, yeah I'm tryin to hang in there, but damn those D Sgts are *******s lol.

Anyway, I've been trying to flash the stock rom back to the phone, but the problem is, everytime I start to flash ANY rom, the phone just turns off right in the middle of the flash. I have no idea whats causing the problem, but I'm hoping someone has experienced it before and can help.

Thanks again, and everyone keep the ideas comming please!

If not, I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the deductible for a new phone.

thanks,

P
Old 12-25-2009, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

yeah, probably shouldnt have done the radio as your first flash. Go back to the stock rom which will normally include a radio, and then make sure its running fine, and then flash..just a rom..at least for now.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Perception is a n00b

Thank you all for your posts, it's good to see these topics get such quick attention.

However, I don't think you're understanding my problem fully. I can't flash ANY rom, not with the SD slot, not with the USB cable, because the phone keeps turning itself off right in the middle of the flash each and every time.

Is there anything I can do? It's starting to seem like I officially made my first brick (which is really frustrating, because I've been flashing roms since the ppc6700 with no problems at all)

thanks again,

P
Old 12-25-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

when u connect to usb, does your computer's active sync enable itself?
Old 12-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Perception is a n00b

jshaas,

No, the computer doesnt even have time to recognize the phone since it never gets to boot. I've noticed too that the phone won't even turn on with the battery in, it has to be plugged in the wall or USB to turn on at all (for about 10 seconds until it shuts itself off) I'm thinkin the drivers are so ****ed up that it doesn't even recognize the battery maybe? I'm not sure. Thanks again for the replies.

P
Old 12-25-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member

is the tri-color boot screen coming up at all when phone is booting?
Old 12-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Perception is a n00b

the tri color screen comes up and indicates USB or Serial. Also, I just noticed a new quirk...if i hook the phone up to the wall or USB, it will power itself on to the 3 color bar screen every so often, and then shut itself back down like it does when i try to load a rom.

I dunno what I did but damn its all screwy. Like i said, this certainly isnt the first time I've done this so its extra frustrating. Thats the last time I try to update to a new radio (thats the one thing i had never tried before)

P
Old 12-25-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

ok. if its showing up USB, you'll be fine.

so im not understanding what happened.

1) what radio did u flash too?
2) The phone does cut off during flashing, how do you know you didnt pull your phone off the usb while it was flashing (even if your phone was off).
3) have you tried to flash to something else? if so, what happened?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2