PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No ring when calls come in

Hi all. I have a Sprint TP2 with the latest Juicy rom on it. Everything is working fine, except when a call comes in, the phone lights up, displays the caller, but does not ring or vibrate. I can slide to answer or ignore, and that all works fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I did check the ringer, and it is set for Normal, 100%, Riger-Old Phone, and Vibrate & Ring. The phone neither rings or vibrates on incoming calls. I do get text message alerts though.

THANKS!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work
Re: No ring when calls come in

Ok, fixed the problem. It's a bug with Juicy. Took the phone out of Sense into Windows Default, then soft-rest, then back to Sense. It's ringing now.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

svrushdog is a n00b

I had the same problem, had to hard reset to fix it...if it happens again, i'll try your method...can you tell me when you started having this trouble? was it after you installed some software or something?

thx

gr
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I get this problem when I have the "quiet phone on pickup" option enabled in Sense.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Venue Pro
Carrier: T-mobile

zigg is a n00b

I had this problem too... I just ended up switching to another rom (as I was gonna do that anyways). The problem started on a Mighty Rom and it also occured on R7. When I installed R7 it started doing it as soon as I had it installed.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Funny, people say these custom ROM's have no issues....I beg the differ...over 50% of people posting in here have isssue with something or other and they have all unlocked and Flashed to a custom ROM...hmm...Stock FTW...
Old 01-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Funny, people say these custom ROM's have no issues....I beg the differ...over 50% of people posting in here have isssue with something or other and they have all unlocked and Flashed to a custom ROM...hmm...Stock FTW...
Some have issues, some don't. It depends on what you are looking to get out of them. Some ROMs push the envelope on what these devices can do. Most of the ones having issues are the ones running Sense 2.5, which you won't see from a stock ROM.

If you look at the custom ROMs running Sense 2.1(which is what the stock ROM runs), most of them are rock solid.

Anyway on the ringer issue, make sure you are not running Opera beta 2U The U version seems to screw with the sounds on a few ROMs, not just Juicy's.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigg View Post
I had this problem too... I just ended up switching to another rom (as I was gonna do that anyways).
This has been a constant ongoing problem with Juicy ROMs & caused me to switch also. I went through 4 versions of juicys ROMs & had this problem with every one of them. I see in the Juicy thread people have already reported this problem in R8.

I went to the Dec 17th NRG Dusk ROM because of this & haven't had a problem since (with the exact same cabs I installed in juicys setup).

~John
Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

This isn't a direct fix but it works good for me.... If you change the ringer to an alert the phone will start ringing again but unfortuanelrly it rings the alert which isn't as pretty as the ring but it did save me from having to hard reset at the moment.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
This isn't a direct fix but it works good for me.... If you change the ringer to an alert the phone will start ringing again but unfortuanelrly it rings the alert which isn't as pretty as the ring but it did save me from having to hard reset at the moment.
Even that didn't work for me in one version (I don't remember which version I was using at the time)

Mine would usually vibrate, but only ring when it felt like it which is definitely a deal breaker for me.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2