PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
release date for Sprint 6.5 stock rom?????

does anyone have any new updates?...the other threads regarding this are old
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: release date for Sprint 6.5 stock rom?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
does anyone have any new updates?...the other threads regarding this are old
Nothing new on their website...check out the plethora of CDMA roms available on this site which already offer 6.5 (which offer more features than any stock rom would give you anyway)

I am on Sprint and use Mr.X ROM 1.6.5 and it works flawlessly and it is compatible with all original included Sprint applications.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

What is the benefit of 6.5 vs 6.1? I use phb shell anyways.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Sprint's update will be out January/February-ish. Updates are uhhh, staggered start menu, and if you disable TF3D, you can get the titanium menu style...and uhhh, yeah thats it
Old 12-16-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work

What about synching with multiple computers ?
Is there a fix for that ?
I hope so.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The biggest advantage of 6.5 over 6.1 to me is probably the finger friendly menus.

For example, in my text messages, I hit menu on the bottom right, and all the choices are big and well spaced. If I hit inbox on the top left- and again, all of the choices are very well spaced so I can easily hit them with my finger.

Everyone mentions the start menu, but all of the menus in WM 6.5 are redone and more finger friendly than WM 6.1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
What about synching with multiple computers ?
Is there a fix for that ?
I hope so.
Umm you can do it in 6.1 already, just requires a feature to be turned on in the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync\En ableNonLocalCrossPollination

Change that to 1 to enable. Then soft reset.

After that you want to hook up to each PC and set up your Sync from the DEVICE - NOT from the Windows Mobile Device Center or from ActiveSync on the PC. Again, when setting up the partnership you need to go through the setup on the phone when you plug it into the PC.

There is one exception to this. You cannot do Push Mail for both mailboxes if they are Exchange mailboxes. You can set up your work PC first and enable Push Mail for that mailbox. Then set up the partnership to your home PC and add your home Hotmail account separately - which does allow individual Push mail when done through the device. It sucks that Microsoft forces you to only use their services to make it work, but it does work.

Once you've done all of this you are able to sync up your Tasks/Calendar/Contacts/etc with both machines and can even use Push Mail with Exchange at work and Push Mail with Hotmail at home.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Sprint's update will be out January/February-ish. Updates are uhhh, staggered start menu, and if you disable TF3D, you can get the titanium menu style...and uhhh, yeah thats it
There are more changes than that, but many are under the hood. 6.5 provides additional addressable space for programs if I recall correctly. It also makes many things finger scrollable (like file explorer for instance), but there is not much that is visually different. 6.5.3 is where the major visual overhaul is at.

Back to the point of the thread. I would highly suggest you try a custom ROM from the upgrades section. Mighty is a great place to start. You can get 6.5 as well as fixes for BT and other things in his stable ROM. If you want to be a bit more adventurous you could try one of his project ROMS which will give you a taste of Manila 2.5, WM 6.5.3, or both.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 12-16-2009 at 05:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastian74 View Post
What is the benefit of 6.5 vs 6.1? I use phb shell anyways.
there's also the belief that there will be better graphics drivers included with 6.5.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

macsucks is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Nothing new on their website...check out the plethora of CDMA roms available on this site which already offer 6.5 (which offer more features than any stock rom would give you anyway)

I am on Sprint and use Mr.X ROM 1.6.5 and it works flawlessly and it is compatible with all original included Sprint applications.

If you say it is flawlessly using Mr. X Rom have you ever tried using the HTC Messaging feature if you can send file attachments using MMS and if the other party can receive your message and file attachments? Or does this rom only has the stock mms messaging feature and not htc messaging?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2