PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Google Voice setup (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101538)

CaliforniaPlaya 12-13-2009 05:14 PM

Re: Google Voice setup

My GV number is set to forward to my 2 cells and home number. I give this to anyone I want to be able to contact me anytime, anywhere (close friends, family, etc.). For people and companies that need to contact me, but I don't always want to be bothered by them or want to be able to more easily screen and block calls, I give them my cell #. This just works more easily for me.

Turnkeys 12-14-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idenkilla (Post 1409935)
i switched over about 2-3 months ago. the only real thing i dislolike is the fact that there is no official google voice app. i use gvo but you cant dial recent numbers straight from your call log. but i love google voice. i used the google voice number

iContact will access your call log.

WisdomWolfX 12-14-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya (Post 1410055)
My GV number is set to forward to my 2 cells and home number. I give this to anyone I want to be able to contact me anytime, anywhere (close friends, family, etc.). For people and companies that need to contact me, but I don't always want to be bothered by them or want to be able to more easily screen and block calls, I give them my cell #. This just works more easily for me.

I give the same # to everyone. I have the default settings for GV to forward only to my cell. I then have groups (Family, Friends, Co-Workers, Business Contacts, Crap) that have their own call forward settings. Friends and Family forward to cell, home, and gizmo. Co-Workers and Business contacts use default settings (for now), and Crap (bill collectors and spam) doesn't forward to any phones and goes straight to VM.

This allows me to not have to think about what number to give out and I get even more control. If I give the number to BB and they call me for surveys every week I add the number they call from the the crap list and I NEVER have to be bothered by them again. It's truly the best of both worlds.

gcianc 12-14-2009 04:41 PM

is there a way to maintain caller id (from the original caller) and still add your google number to your friend/family (unlimited calls) plan? (see google voice setting below)

Caller ID (in)
*Display caller's number
*Display my Google Voice number

it doesn't seems possible... in that case don't you guys find it a problem losing caller ID when doing that?

kevmo1965 12-14-2009 10:27 PM

Anyone here have an invite?
PM please.

WisdomWolfX 12-14-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevmo1965 (Post 1413658)
Anyone here have an invite?
PM please.

Google's still being stingy with GV invites. I only got three and they went fast.

Recursion 12-14-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1412409)
I give the same # to everyone. I have the default settings for GV to forward only to my cell. I then have groups (Family, Friends, Co-Workers, Business Contacts, Crap) that have their own call forward settings. ***

Sweet!! Didn't realize I could do this!! THANKS!!