PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new spb shell works much better with tp2

I tried version 3.5.2 and I couldn't get the weather widget to work and a few other widgets that show up at first install came up blank. Every time I try to set m city in the weather widget it would always hang.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Nevermind, I reinstalled SPB mobile shell and the weather and other widgets now work. Although the gui is really nice and customizable, there are certain things that still make me want to switch bank to sense ui. Like the really sluggish scrolling in the calendar or contacts menu.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Nevermind, I reinstalled SPB mobile shell and the weather and other widgets now work. Although the gui is really nice and customizable, there are certain things that still make me want to switch bank to sense ui. Like the really sluggish scrolling in the calendar or contacts menu.
Delete all the old stuff from your calendar. If you have a bunch of old appointments in there it can slow it down.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
Im running 6.1 on my TP2 but the in call functions like the contacts messages or e-mail the contact or view previous text messages with the caller or the contact info all those tabs while in a call when i click on them they dont work is that something that the shell doesnt support or something i have done...If i can figure that out this shell would be perfect!
^^^ Does anyone know the answer to the above question??
Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
^^^ Does anyone know the answer to the above question??
It works fine on WM 6.5 ROMs. WM 6.1 has issues. The issues are minor though. For example, the HTC contacts button doesn't work, but there is an SPB contact button that works just fine. Everything works on WM 6.5 ROMs though.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

akavalerie is a n00b

I've been trying out the trial the past week and I really like it. Seems much faster. I think my battery life is little shorter though, but not a major issue. The Weather Conditions page doesn't seem to work at all...keeps saying "no weather data has been downloaded" and it doesn't seem to work well with any backgrounds aside from the ones that are preinstalled. Not major issues, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akavalerie View Post
I've been trying out the trial the past week and I really like it. Seems much faster. I think my battery life is little shorter though, but not a major issue. The Weather Conditions page doesn't seem to work at all...keeps saying "no weather data has been downloaded" and it doesn't seem to work well with any backgrounds aside from the ones that are preinstalled. Not major issues, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it.
You might need to uninstall and reinstall. I change backgrounds all the time without issue. sometimes I use one of my own pictures, sometimes I download one from the online gallery.

As for the weather- mine did that once, for like an hour. Other than that one hour, my weather has been fine...
Old 12-25-2009, 11:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

akavalerie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
You might need to uninstall and reinstall. I change backgrounds all the time without issue. sometimes I use one of my own pictures, sometimes I download one from the online gallery.

As for the weather- mine did that once, for like an hour. Other than that one hour, my weather has been fine...
Thanks I'll give it a try reinstalling it. If I do that will I loose all my set ups/wigits, etc.?
Old 12-26-2009, 02:54 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akavalerie View Post
Thanks I'll give it a try reinstalling it. If I do that will I loose all my set ups/wigits, etc.?
If you tap launcher, settings, spb mobile shell, then right menu key (bottom right) you can backup and restore settings.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Druu is becoming a great contributor

Last time I used mobile shell 3.5.2, it broke the htc finger friendly menu's. Is this still an issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2