PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: For those that watch video's on the TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
+1 no need for all that bs.
Agreed. Coreplayer is the way to go. I hate having to convert everything to make it work. I'll hopefully get a chance to clean up the script and add a nice icon to it this weekend. Then I'll see if I can get someone to cab it up for easy install.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Agreed. Coreplayer is the way to go. I hate having to convert everything to make it work. I'll hopefully get a chance to clean up the script and add a nice icon to it this weekend. Then I'll see if I can get someone to cab it up for easy install.
That would be awesome!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Threadstarter

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
If you just buy Coreplayer you don't need to convert and can play those xvid files you want. The only issue is if you're not using wm6.1 (i.e. 6.5 or newer) you have to turn off manila for the videos to play properly. Personally I'd rather do that than have to reconvert all my videos, I used to have to do that with the ipod touch, drove me crazy.

UPDATE: Someone created a script that closes manila and opens Coreplayer, and when you exit Coreplayer it reopens manila (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=52). You just need mortscript installed for it to work. [You just have to remember to exit coreplayer from "menu > exit" and not the "x" for things to work properly. But IMO this is much more convenient than manually closing manila from settings or having to constantly convert files.]
Ok I tried the converter and it is slower than other converters I've used unless I'm doing something wrong.

Now guys that are using core player...how many movies are you putting on your phones. I have a 8gb card and most my movies are 4.3gb in VOB format.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use CorePlayer (actually I don't right now as I can't use video out) but I use CuCusoft video app to rip DVD movies to h.264 (mp4) files. These files play perfectly & even look good using the video out playing on my 60" Sony TV & on the 7" DVD/NAV screen in my truck.

I have at least 10 movies right now on my 16 gig card.

~John
Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
If you just buy Coreplayer you don't need to convert and can play those xvid files you want. The only issue is if you're not using wm6.1 (i.e. 6.5 or newer) you have to turn off manila for the videos to play properly. Personally I'd rather do that than have to reconvert all my videos, I used to have to do that with the ipod touch, drove me crazy.

UPDATE: Someone created a script that closes manila and opens Coreplayer, and when you exit Coreplayer it reopens manila (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=52). You just need mortscript installed for it to work. [You just have to remember to exit coreplayer from "menu > exit" and not the "x" for things to work properly. But IMO this is much more convenient than manually closing manila from settings or having to constantly convert files.]
I got coreplayer and I must say it is great. I didn't have to turn off manila for it to play correctly...had no problems at all. For some reason I want it to play full screen the opposite way...just seems like I'm holding the phone upside down, but it works.

If I but the video cord for my phone, will it play the video out using coreplayer?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i use this to encode my videos and it plays them right off album with no lag.....seriously people need to use this more
Attached Files
File Type: rar Encoder.rar (9.52 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
For some reason I want it to play full screen the opposite way...just seems like I'm holding the phone upside down, but it works.
You can rotate the screen:

Menu>Options>Orientation

CP is working flawless here on .avi files but choked when I tried to watch a WMV file. It may have been the way it was encoded (WMP was worse).

Does anyone have issues with WMV files with CP?
Just wondering, thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i360 View Post
You can rotate the screen:

Menu>Options>Orientation
Thanks...that worked. I must have missed it.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I got coreplayer and I must say it is great. I didn't have to turn off manila for it to play correctly...had no problems at all. For some reason I want it to play full screen the opposite way...just seems like I'm holding the phone upside down, but it works.

If I but the video cord for my phone, will it play the video out using coreplayer?
You can go into options on coreplayer and change the orientation from left-handed to right-handed so it dont seem like its upside down

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
You can go into options on coreplayer and change the orientation from left-handed to right-handed so it dont seem like its upside down

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2