PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For Those That Can't Get SERO

I have been a customer of Nextel for over 10 years, and recently gave up my Nextel phone for a Mogul. My wife is still on Nextel. I have been interested in the stories that I have heard about the SERO plan, and how basically it is available to everyone now, as long as it is a NEW line of service, and not a change to an existing plan. Unfortunately, I heard about the plan weeks after I had already ported my Nextel number over to my Mogul. However, I thought it would be worth a try to see what would happen if I called Retentions and pleaded my case with them. Here is what happened.

I have had some reception problems with Sprint since switching over from Nextel. I get poor phone reception both at my office and home, with calls dropping frequently. Data seems fine. I have called Sprint 4 times to see what Tech Support could do about it, and have had everything from reprovisioning the phone service to manual tower-switching. Nothing has helped. If you drive a mile in either direction, my service goes to 5 bars. Armed with this information, I called Retentions yesterday.

Basically I told them that my phone was unusable in the area that I live and work, and that I liked the phone and wanted to stay with Sprint/Nextel. I explained that I had only had the phone for 6 weeks, and wanted to see if there was something that could be done with my bill, as I shouldn't be paying full price for less than full service. The agent that I spoke to agreed, and asked what I would like. I asked for the SERO plan, and was told that unfortunately it wasn't available, as my entire account would have to be reprovisioned and a new number issued. BUT....they would gladly offer me 10% off of my bill a month. I chuckled at this, and counter-offered with 20%, as this was a bit closer to what I would be saving with the SERO plan. The rep said that they thought they could work it out, and went to talk to their supervisor. When he came back, it was a done deal.

I have a Sprint phone as well as a Nextel phone (my wife's). The 20% comes off of the entire bill, which includes both phones. For the LIFE of the contract.

The moral of this story is - if you are not happy with your level of service, do something about it. Call a couple of times on the same issue, and if it is not definitively resolved to your satisfaction, call retentions. They want to keep you as a customer, and are trained in negotiating tactics, so if you are not happy with what they offer you, counter-offer until you are happy. It will be worth it in the long run.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan