PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Text message ringtone and pocketCM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7427)

b-ball21 08-20-2007 11:02 PM

Text message ringtone and pocketCM

Hey i was wondering how to change the text message tone on the phone... the stock one is way too quiet and i cant hear it... I tried everything but couldnt figure it out..

also does anyone know if there are problems with pocket CM not being able to send text messages. In pocketCM, the latest version, I can see the previous sent text messages, but i cannot send a new one. I have threaded SMS and i was thinking that maybe thats the problems.. any helps appreciated.

Mustang46L 08-20-2007 11:21 PM

I hate to say it, but search is a beautiful thing..

But to answer you question, you need to put the ringtones for txt and alarms in the Windows folder, not the Ringtones folder. Then all is well. :) Enjoy.

b-ball21 08-21-2007 12:26 AM

i know how to get the ringtone to show, the problem is simply changing my text message ringtone... i cant find where the settings to change a text message ringtone. ...

b-ball21 08-21-2007 12:35 AM

nvm.. im an R tard.. i figured it out.... can anyone recommend where i can find a really loud text messaging tone?

nalwor 08-22-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L

But to answer you question, you need to put the ringtones for txt and alarms in the Windows folder, not the Ringtones folder. Then all is well. :) Enjoy.

where is the windows folder located?

dcd 08-22-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nalwor
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L

where is the windows folder located?

is this a joke?

nalwor 08-23-2007 02:13 PM

:lol:
in all seriousness, when i have a song as the ringtone for text's, is there a way to get the song to stop playing when i get one or do i just have to trim down the song?

dardar 10-07-2007 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46L (Post 76728)

thank you thank you thank you for this answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

omattic105 11-28-2007 12:13 AM

How da heck do u open the windows folder to put tha damn tone in there??? That is the real question.

temptnation 12-16-2007 04:16 PM

i use cool edit pro on my PC to edit mp3 songs and crop them to make a short text ringtone (i also increase decibel level to make it loud), then i save it as a .wma and put it on my mini SD card. then plug the SD card into your phone and find the wma file, cut/copy it to your windows folder on your device. then go back into settings / sounds & notifications and you should see that wma file in the drop down menu for new text notification. select and save. done.