PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fje00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked Mogul Completely Locked Up ... Now What?

My Sprint Mogul is completely locked up and frozen. A soft reset reboots it and loads the Today screen, but a few seconds later it's completely locked. All keys and controls are non-responsive.

I attempted a clean reset (Messaging, Calendar, Contacts buttons all at the same time) and nothing happens.

Over the past month I've had to clean reset a couple of times when what I thought was buggy software froze the device.

I have tried various other attempts at reset: remove battery, remove SD card, AC power, battery power, USB power, nothing seems to work. It always reboots to a frozen today screen.

I had updated to the new ROM a week or so ago and all seemed fine. The last thing I did before this lock up problem was disable Egress on the Today screen. It was docked via USB and BT and EVDO were enabled at the time.

Now what? Any ideas? Return for replacement?
Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Press both soft keys and reset and the same time. When prompted, press Y on keyboard. that will hard reset.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 08-11-2007, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dmunkey is a n00b
? clean reset? can someone explane. Is this just another way of doing a soft reset?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

papped is a n00b
A hard reset wipes your phone back to the original ROM that the phone comes shipped with.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:04 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmunkey
? clean reset? can someone explane. Is this just another way of doing a soft reset?
Don't know what he/she means by "clean reset". The two types of reset are "hard" and "soft".
Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fje00 is a n00b
Ran across "clean" reset on HP support site while researching how to reset my WM5-updated hx2415 iPaq. HP distinguishes between soft/hard/clean. Difference in memory storage between WM 2003 and WM 5/6 complicated this I guess.

On Windows Mobile 5.0 products, a hard (full) reset stops all running programs, but does not clear user data or applications because they are stored in ROM (Persistent Store feature). A hard reset also resets all hardware registers. Users can perform a Clean Reset, in which the product is cleared to its factory defaults. A clean reset returns the HP iPAQ to the default Windows Mobile 5.0 settings with no user data or applications.

I was assuming here that this applied in general and to WM6 as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan