PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

andril is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
REQ: Sliding KeyPad Sound CAB

I would like to try this app out on my Apache XV6700 - THANKS IN ADAVANCE
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Is there one already? I just wrote one :P

This should work on any QVGA device and includes 2 small test wavs.

(See next post)
Old 08-10-2007, 04:28 AM
VIP Member

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
New version, 1.06.

Installation & Usage:
1. Unzip the zip file.
2. Move SlideSoundService.exe to \Windows.
3. Move SlideSound.exe and the wav files wherever you like.
4. Run SlideSound.exe and set up your options. They will take affect immediately.
5. Press the "Ok" button to close the config window, and you're done.

Optionally you can place a shortcut to SlideSound.exe in your Start Menu. The config panel will handle the startup shortcut for you based on your choice.

v1.07 Download at http://tiermann.net
- I changed the code to use the rotation angle instead of screen size. This should make it compatible with VGA devices now as well. Not only that, but it eliminated the reference to system.Display alltogether which is a good thing. If you're having conflicts with any other programs, try this version and let me know if it changes anything for you.
- Placed in a cab file for quick installation on PPC. Puts all files where they need to be and creates a Start Menu\Programs link.

v1.06
- Changed the code to use systemproperty.DisplayRotation.Changed event instead of pooling. Should fix the half a sec delay.
- I'm still working on getting the launched applications to work correctly. Problem is that windows sets the last active app as active again after the redraw from changing orientation.

v1.05
- I made it a little smarter when running the SlideSoundService. You shouldn't get duplicates anymore.
- I added the ability to set an application to run on slideIn or Out. It's completely optional and disabled by default. You can also delete the default entries and press "Set" if you just want a program to run on slideIn as opposed to both, etc.
- Changed the interface a bit to make room for the new options. All fields are also editable by a sip now instead of having to browse or change reg keys. Your new edited choice can be tested with the "Play" or "Test" buttons before it's set.

v1.04
- Removed the minimize button from the SlideSound.exe form so that it exits when pressing "ok". (not everyone uses HTC-Xbutton or Wisbar and there's no reason to run it in the background anyway.)

v1.03
- Fixed a problem with the config app not starting the service when you first run it.

v1.02
- Split SlideSound into 2 programs. (A config panel and a background service)
- Added option to start/stop the service and also set it to run on startup.
Attached Files
File Type: zip slidesoundv104_211.zip (29.6 KB, 287 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip slidesoundv105_150.zip (31.7 KB, 222 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip slidesoundv106_295.zip (32.1 KB, 590 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tiermann; 12-13-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

andril is a n00b
Many Thanks

You made my 6700 day
Old 08-25-2007, 05:03 AM
VIP Member

I'm glad you like it
Old 09-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work
kewl...I like this A lot!

Old 09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Tiermann I install "SlideSoundService.exe" into the windows folder. And "SlideSound.exe" and the wav files into "Program Files/SlideSound"
And when i run SlideSound.exe it doesn't see any wav files. I doesn't seem to see some of the first tier folder on the phone.
like windows folder or program files folder. but it see's all the first tier folder on the memory card.

I ask because i made it into a cab file. The cab installs the wav files and Slidesound.exe into /Program Files/SlideSound/ and SlideSoundService.exe into /windows/
And makes a shortcut to slidesound.exe.

When it install it only seems so see the mc wav files.

Last edited by KidGixxer; 09-09-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGixxer View Post
Tiermann I install "SlideSoundService.exe" into the windows folder. And "SlideSound.exe" and the wav files into "Program Files/SlideSound"
And when i run SlideSound.exe it doesn't see any wav files. I doesn't seem to see some of the first tier folder on the phone.
like windows folder or program files folder. but it see's all the first tier folder on the memory card.

I ask because i made it into a cab file. The cab installs the wav files and Slidesound.exe into /Program Files/SlideSound/ and SlideSoundService.exe into /windows/
And makes a shortcut to slidesound.exe.

When it install it only seems so see the mc wav files.
Yeah, sorry. It's a limitation of the .Net Framework's FileDialog. It won't let you look in certain folders like \Windows. I left the textbox writable though so you can type in any file, like \Windows\Alarm1.wav and hit set. SlideSound itself can use a wav from anywhere, just the file dialog can't see some places.

If you're using a cab file, you can set the default wavs in the registry too to make it easier.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlideSound]
"SlideIn"="\\Program Files\\SlideSound\\pop2.wav"
"SlideOut"="\\Program Files\\SlideSound\\pop1.wav"
Eventually I need to write my own file dialog for PPC, then I can throw it in all my apps instead of using MS's.

Last edited by tiermann; 09-10-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

gilesmartin is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to gilesmartin Send a message via AIM to gilesmartin Send a message via MSN to gilesmartin Send a message via Yahoo to gilesmartin
would anyone be willing to post the default slide sounds from the ppc-6800?

apache with wm6. thanks helmi!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM
VIP Member

v1.06 is also available in a cab file. Link is in my signature.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan