PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul & AT&T Moto Q9h
Carrier: Sprint+AT&T

Statikk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Automatically load/unload Today plugin based on screen mode?

I'm wondering if there is currently an application designed to unload specified today plugins when the screen switches from portait to landscape and then reload them when it switches back.

The reason I'm asking is because I hate having scroll bars in landscape mode but I would love to use the extra space in portrait mode. I'm not sure how this sort of thing would impact performance, or if the plugin could be hidden instead of fully unloaded.

If anyone knows of an app that does this please direct me to it, or if you would enjoy using an app like this then please say so. Maybe with enough interest someone would be kind enough to throw one together.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Not sure if it would stop the scrollbars, but try changing all your today plugins from a type 4 to a type 5 and see if it gets rid of the scroll bars. Take note of what they were so you can change them back if it doesn't help. Use the registry key location below to make the changes.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Plugin you want to lock or Unlock"
change TYPE from 5 to 4

5=locked
4=unlock

Old 08-05-2007, 11:13 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Here is something that might help, wont change on its own when you change views, but allows for multiple desk tops.

http://shop.my-symbian.com/PlatformP...SectionId=4725
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Wisbar Advanced Desktop + Wisbar Advance 2 will actually let you load a different theme when the phone is slid open vs closed.

Not sure if this is exactly what you want though.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

sheltem is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
Not sure if it would stop the scrollbars, but try changing all your today plugins from a type 4 to a type 5 and see if it gets rid of the scroll bars. Take note of what they were so you can change them back if it doesn't help. Use the registry key location below to make the changes.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Plugin you want to lock or Unlock"
change TYPE from 5 to 4

5=locked
4=unlock
Could you give more of an explanation as to what locking a today screen plugin entails? Thanks!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Theoretically you could write a script in mortscript that looks simliar to this one.. i just never really got a good grasp on how looping works... this will do what u want but not really bc it just redraws and redraws.. i guess you could set up a check to see if its already removed...

clearly im just checking to see the mode..
then im disabling the plugin of my choice (palringo start in this case)
then redrawing the today

Code:
#turn off plugin on landscape

While(1)

#Check for Orientation (landscape returns 1)
x= Screen ("landscape")

#If landscape is returned, turn off plugins and redraw today
if(x=1)

RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Palringo Start" , "Enabled", 0)
RedrawToday

#If Landscape is not returned, turn on plugin and redraw today
Else

RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Palringo Start", "Enabled", 1)
RedrawToday

EndIf

EndWhile

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan