PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Watch live sports (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66594)

Gulanowski 04-27-2009 12:56 PM

Watch live sports

I'm sure this has come up before, but is there any method/app/site where I'm gonna be able to watch live MLB games? Obviously different networks broadcast different games (FOX, ESPN etc.) , but I'm thinking that there's got to be a way to watch these games live on my phone. I know of MobiTV and I did try out their free 3 day thing a few months ago but I don't recall if it had what I'm looking for.

Gotta be a sports fanatic here who'll know :)

darren.wlsn1 04-27-2009 01:19 PM

Re: Watch live sports

maybe justintv.com, not sure though. just save your cash and get slingbox, thats the best bang for your buck.

racemepls 04-27-2009 01:21 PM

Go to atdhe.net with skyfire. thats how i watch my pens games. I had that same exact question 2 months ago

darren.wlsn1 04-27-2009 01:27 PM

your pens? there my pens but ill share. lol

racemepls 04-27-2009 01:30 PM

ok our pens who by the way are going to win the cup this year

Gulanowski 04-27-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 880051)
maybe justintv.com, not sure though. just save your cash and get slingbox, thats the best bang for your buck.

Darren,

I've heard of this slingbox, sounds intriging. I've looked at their prices and it looks like its $180 for the box and another $30 for the mobl player, so $210 altogether. do you actually have one, could you comment on how it works exactly? Sounds similar to the cgi proxies friends and I used in high school to bypass the firewalls.

EDIT: This slingbox sounds alot like a tv tuner that distributes the signal online. I have a TV tuner on one of my computers. Is there any software available that will distribute the signal online, as well as a player that can receive that signal and play it on another computer and WM6 device?

Gulanowski 04-27-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racemepls (Post 880057)
Go to atdhe.net with skyfire. thats how i watch my pens games. I had that same exact question 2 months ago

Fantastic! Works well on my laptop. However, is there a way to watch the streams on a standalone player (Windows Media mobile, TCPMP etc.) instead of using a browser like skyfire?

snowman8 04-27-2009 09:04 PM

There is a piece of free software called Orb that works with most tv tuners. You can download the software for free at www.orb.com

hibby50 04-27-2009 09:11 PM

devils keep getting ripped by the refs in carolina!

darren.wlsn1 04-27-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulanowski (Post 880338)
Darren,

I've heard of this slingbox, sounds intriging. I've looked at their prices and it looks like its $180 for the box and another $30 for the mobl player, so $210 altogether. do you actually have one, could you comment on how it works exactly? Sounds similar to the cgi proxies friends and I used in high school to bypass the firewalls.

EDIT: This slingbox sounds alot like a tv tuner that distributes the signal online. I have a TV tuner on one of my computers. Is there any software available that will distribute the signal online, as well as a player that can receive that signal and play it on another computer and WM6 device?

sling is worth every penny. whatever your home tv gets, your tp gets. i have dish hd sat. and watch tons of tv on my pro at work or if a sports game is on that the bar dont have ill watch it on tp. i can let you use my username ect to watch on pc to try it. im using it alot now with all the hockey playoffs but ill pm you some info.