PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: titan. camera not working with build os

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Use Total Comander or such to change the camera.exe attributes in the windows folder. Then paste the file from the card to the windows folder and overwrite. You will have to repeat this after any hard reset so backup the working file.

I tried to do this, however when changing file attributes I uncheck "READ ONLY" and "SYSTEM". Though when I go to delete the file, it still wont' delete. I check attributes, and they are back to what they were originally. I notice "in ROM" is checked, but grayed out.

Don't I have to unlock the ROM memory to do this?

Actually, I couldn't care less about the CAMERA application, as HTC_Camera is in there and works. The problem, HTC_Camera isn't recognized as installed by the phone, therefore it won't let me redirect the Camera button to the appropriate program. Is there another way to do this?

I'd rather not re-cook my phone as I FINALLY (after a million recipes and lots of hours of tweaking, finally have it working the way I want).

Gervy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 09-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Here is something else to try. Use your registry editor and rename camera.exe in windows to camera.bak. Then paste a shortcut to the Windows Start Menu folder for HTC_Camera. Soft reset and then you should be able to remap the hardware camera button to HTC_Camera.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC VX6800

chin00kie is a n00b

Do you mean that we edit the registry or just use a file editor to change the exe file and remap the camera button to the HTC Camera? I'm not familiar with the registry.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

If you are referring to post #12, his language suggests that he is just talking about making adjustments using file explorer.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin00kie View Post
Do you mean that we edit the registry or just use a file editor to change the exe file and remap the camera button to the HTC Camera? I'm not familiar with the registry.
The sugestion was in essence to hide the camera.exe file, but that is not required to remap the button.

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

I see... thank you for your clarification there. =]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Lurker

chin00kie is a n00b

I have tried to copy the HTCCamera file to the Windows Start Menu so that I can map the camera button to that file. I am unable to paste the file into the start menu because of permission issues. How can I get permission to copy the file into this directory?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Almost a VIP

Does pasting a shortcut work?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Humm...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Lurker

chin00kie is a n00b

I couldn't paste the file using the file manager on the Titan but when I used Windows explorer on my PC it let me paste the shortcut. The camera works fine now. Thank you all for your help. My next problem is that The XV6800 will not form a partnership in Active Sync. My old xv6700 has no problem. Is there a fix? Also, I cannot find a 'help' with this forum. I can't figure out how to reread posts that were "notifications" to me. They just seem to disappear. How do I send a private message? I'm new to this and I don't know how to use the forum. Where can I learn? Thanks again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan