PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63231)

Mr_Alexander 04-03-2009 09:42 PM

Re: NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09

CodyPPC....Thanks for bringing us this app. I can confirm that I have got this to work on my Alltel Touch Pro running MightyROM 4.16! Of course I had to adjust the settings from Sprint and thanks goes out to LennySH for all his work on Alltel ArcSoft MMS. Using a variation of those settings for that has got me going.

I've always loved this app since my sister & ex-girlfriend both had Treo's. I was using the earlier version on my Titan. This new one is awesome....much better than Windows SMS.

acjigga 04-05-2009 12:59 PM

Love this app. However, for some reason incoming texts are not being recognized on HTC Home (when I get a new text the number stays at zero). Does anyone have a fix for this?

hannip 04-05-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acjigga (Post 825302)
Love this app. However, for some reason incoming texts are not being recognized on HTC Home (when I get a new text the number stays at zero). Does anyone have a fix for this?

The Palm app has a separate registry item for unread count. HTC Home is looking for it in the normal place. Dunno if HTC Home can be configured to look in the new place. If so point it to:

HKCU\System\State\Messages\SMS\Unread\UnreadCount

If you use Treo Alert it will update the normal reg value if there is an SMS and the count is 0. And no, Treo Alert is not just for Treo's. :)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html

acjigga 04-05-2009 06:08 PM

Thanks hannip! Got Treo Alert working! One more question - for some crazy reason my threaded texts in the new palm app have been disabled. Is there a cab or a reg edit to get threaded sms back? I am still using Windows 6.0 (I don't think SMS Tweaker will work on 6.0). Thanks.

AC

hannip 04-05-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acjigga (Post 826001)
Thanks hannip! Got Treo Alert working! One more question - for some crazy reason my threaded texts in the new palm app have been disabled. Is there a cab or a reg edit to get threaded sms back? I am still using Windows 6.0 (I don't think SMS Tweaker will work on 6.0). Thanks.

AC

Not sure what you mean by disabled. Are you saying that sms is going back to the poutlook inbox?

acjigga 04-05-2009 09:02 PM

My sent messages are not showing up in my threaded conversations (inbox). I have to navigate to sent items to see texts that I sent. Shouldn't my sent items be in my conversation threads in the inbox? My inbox is only showing messages received (it's not showing conversation threads).

AC

hannip 04-05-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acjigga (Post 826415)
My sent messages are not showing up in my threaded conversations (inbox). I have to navigate to sent items to see texts that I sent. Shouldn't my sent items be in my conversation threads in the inbox? My inbox is only showing messages received (it's not showing conversation threads).

AC

Oh, that's just a setting in Menu->Options Chat tab. Select "Always" for "Create chats from messages:".

acjigga 04-05-2009 10:22 PM

I've checked that and it still will not thread my texts. I'm about to uninstall and reinstall and see if it works. I got frustrated and tried sms tweaker to see if it would help (it didn't). About to reinstall...

acjigga 04-05-2009 10:54 PM

I just noticed that I don't have a text messages folder. I have an MMS folder and an Outlook E-mail folder but I don't see anything for text messages. How can I add a folder for texts?

hannip 04-06-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acjigga (Post 826860)
I just noticed that I don't have a text messages folder. I have an MMS folder and an Outlook E-mail folder but I don't see anything for text messages. How can I add a folder for texts?

When you install Palm SMS app it hides the poutlook sms account. Your texts go to the Palm sms app. The MMS is suppose to be hidden also, but on the Treo Pro they are combined into the sms account. Some reg tweaks would need to be made to hide that The reg keys that deal with this are:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts\MMS]
"Handler"="{325087C5-9BBE-4f07-8F5B-2ACEFD1C4B68}"
"DisplayName"="MMS"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts\SMS]
"Handler"="{325087C5-9BBE-4f07-8F5B-2ACEFD1C4B68}"
"DisplayName"="SMS"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS]
"CommandLineHook"="{325087C5-9BBE-4f07-8F5B-2ACEFD1C4B68}"

To hide the MMS account in poutlook inbox I think you'd just add this:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\MMS]
"CommandLineHook"="{325087C5-9BBE-4f07-8F5B-2ACEFD1C4B68}"

But that assumes your MMS account is Svc\MMS and not some custom name.

When you uninstall the Palm app, assuming you followed the uninstall steps, all of the above settings go away and the SMS and MMS accouts are unhidden.