PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul

temptnation is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New Mogul Owner...first downloads?

ok, as a n00b what are the first dl's/upgrades I should make? (not trying to spend $ though)
Old 12-12-2007, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

loginatnine is just getting started
www.pocketcm.com for a good contact manager and threaded sms
google maps
picsel browser and opera browser
that's a good start....
Old 12-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Otter is a n00b
Microsoft Live Search (It's awesome)
I'm not sure the name...But I think it's something like HTC X Button 2.0, it allows you to more easily close programs.(Not simply minimize them)
TouchPal (Makes for much easier typing on the touchscreen)
http://ytpocket.com/ Outlines how to use YouTube on your phone properly.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: cricket

jguttz is a n00b
htc home and htc home customizer. and for the contacts i use icontacts i like that better than the others, or u could use htc random access, thats the contacts from the touch.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I'm liking the random access contact feature. took me a while to find the cab for it over on xda-dev... but it was worth it
Old 12-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
htc home + customizer
htc dialer
htc calculator skin
metrix -so you can watch you memory go bye bye
ppod cool ipod emulator
total commander - will need for registry tweaks and its free
oxios - frees up memory, some people vote against it i like it
Old 12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started
Maybe not must have apps for everyone, but these are all great for my needs.

FTouchFlo - Finger scrolling like on the Touch or iPhone. Really makes one handed operation easy. Can also launch programs.
QuickMenu - Adds a nested menu system similiar to your XP start ment. Really great app. Built-in close program option and many others.
PocketCM - Contacts replacement. Built-in finger scrolling and easier to jump to a certain letter of the alphabet.
Palringo - IM app. Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc. In my opinion better that OctroTalk and Slick. Tabbed conversations and today screen plugin.
MobiPocket - eBook reader. Converts a number of file formats for easy reading on PPC or smartphone. Auto scrolling feature. Desktop client as well for syncing ebooks to PPC.
TCPMP with Flash Video Bundle - Better video player the WMP and supports YouTube and other video websites.
WinamPAQ - Winamp port for PPC. Works just like Winamp and is great.
PDANet - ($) Great for tethering to a laptop. (Or do the registry hack for the built-in ICS app.)
Resco Explorer - ($) Much better file explorer. Many great features. Built-in FTP and Registry editor.
Resco Radio - ($) Streaming Internet radio app. Works great and you can setup your own streams.
SPB Wallet - ($) Information manager for passwords, credit card numbers, or other information. Password protected and AES encrypted files.
SPB Backup - ($) Hard reset your phone, install apps and configure as you like. Then when your phone screws up, simply hard reset again and run the backup file and your phone is restored. Great app.
Slide2Unlock2 - iPhone like app that requires a sliding of a button from left to right to unlock the phone. Helps keep things from being pressed on the touchscreen.
VJCandela for 6800 - Flashlight app. I assign it to a hard button and when I press it the cameras LED comes on. Good for dark places?
HTC Touch Camera Album - Cool picture viewer with finger control for next/previous picture, zooming and slideshow.
HTC Home Customizer - Clock with SMS, email, and missed call notification, weather, app launcher, picture contacts, music player, and ringer profile changer.
MyMobiler - Control your PPC from your PC. You can use the mouse and type on your desktop keyboard.
PocketRAR - for unRAR'ing things...
SIPChange and NullKB - SIPChange will run on soft rebot and configures the default SIP (onscreen keyboard) of your choice. NullKB is no onscreen keyboard at all and can prevent the annoying popup of the onscreen keyboard.
wkTASK - Program buttons like in Windows, can minimize programs, close programs with the x button, terminate frozen apps.
1-Calc Lite - Better calculator program in my opinion. Unit conversion, tip calculator.
GoogleMaps - Come on it's Google maps on your phone.
Live Search - Like GoogleMaps, but with voice recognition, gas, movie prices etc. Great app.
ThreadedSMS - IM like conversations for your text messages. Much easier to follow a conversation.
OpenVPN - VPN access on your phone. Cool!
PIEPlus - ($) Add on features for Pocket IE. Tabbed browsing, website alias, finger scrolling, lot's of good stuff. Works great.
Pocket puTTY - If you require SSH/telnet.
VistaHide Battery Meter - Thin bar at top of the screen indicating battery status. Non-obtrusive.
Remote Desktop - RDP into your PC.
Oxios Memory - Free up RAM from idle programs without having to soft reboot.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
nice quick write up, that'll help most newbies. thanks
Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
agreed now where can i find a cab for 1-Calc Lite besides the microsoft site?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by markppc6700 View Post
agreed now where can i find a cab for 1-Calc Lite besides the microsoft site?
Here's the version of 1-Calc Lite that I use.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10574

KidGixxer added a skin to make it match the Touch theme better. It works great.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan