PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 07:07 PM
N00b

Amber00Dak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
whats missing

ill try to keep this short....

I downloaded the SKtools trial version, used it for a day and decided I liked it. I bought the program from Handango and downloaded it to the phone. I've tried to install it but get an error about something related to it being a .exe file.

so I tried using the registration code and imput it into the trial one that was installed.....nothing.

I tried to uninstall but now I have a duplicate of the Registry Explorer in my Programs list I can't get rid of. any ideas on what I need to do??

also, I got the trial of WeatherPanel and liked it. went to Marsware and bought it. I got the confirmation email from PayPal but still nothing from them. any clue on this also?

thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Not sure about SK tools, but the developer of WeatherPanel has been AWOL for 2 years and the last trial release doesn't expire. Search the software section for the files and themes/icons for WP.

Might want to contact Handigo about SK Tools or the developer of the app...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Amber00Dak is a n00b
Bummer. wish I knew that about WP before I spent 10 bucks on it for nothing. oh well...

as far as the SKtools goes, I downloaded the program to my PC and with the phone synced it said it would install on the phone. the phone showed it was removing the old program and proceeded to install the new. I thought all was ok but in each window I open i n SK is says DEMO mode.

am I doing something wrong somewhere???
Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yes, Marsware's developer has been missing 2+ years, it has been posted a couple of times. Some people have received their code with success, others have not received it at all, others receive it after months. I'd make sure to contact PayPal if you haven't received it in a while since after a certain time you will not be able to ask for your money back.

As far as SkTools, I believe it needs the Owner name in order for the reg code to be generated, so make sure the Owner name on the device and the one given when purchased match. I had no issues adding my code to the Demo version to unlock all the features.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Pibe - you're right about the owner name being tied to the reg code.

Amber00Dak - did you remember to enter your registration code?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan