PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

sentinelly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy any one any help!

hey . i been having this problem.. i keep gettin my txt mesages late 1hr 2hrs 3hrs late. and sometimes when some one calls me i dont get the call it wont even ring.. i call the sprint ppl no help der they sent me refurbish phones and still the same thing . i got the mogul
i belive its my phone line .. or something .. any one can help me ..

by da way i rebooted .soft and hard reset wat else umm tooked the battery out and sitll the same thing .only thing it only happends on the morning from umm 10am to 5 pm
Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: any one any help!

Its not going to be hardware issue. You are going to find this to be a communication issue between your device and the carrier and maybe even a provisioning issue. Thats why your new device also does it. But just to make sure, you do have good signal all the time right?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

You could try this although I do not this it will correct your issue

Force EV-DO/1X, quicker ring response
To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Verizons cods is 000000 Open up the phone app and dial ##778 (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2).
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

I agree with weedahoe. If this persisted after a hard reset on 2 phones, its not your phone that's the problem. I would take it back to Sprint (go to a store with a repair center so there is at least a technician there that has a little bit more of a clue), demonstrate the problem to them in person, and see what they can do. Hopefully, its just as simple as reprovisioning the device.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BigMrChimps is becoming a great contributor

If it is happening just around your home or certain places then it will be an issue with the transceiver inside the device. It just isnt powerful enough to let the tower know where it is. Once the tower hears the device then it sends out the txt. If it doesnt hear your phone when you receive a call it will send it to vmail.

From one who knows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan