PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Allsmell

PWeber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Came back to 6800 from Toch Pro

Touch Pro battery life was horrible. (6-8 hours) The screen died yesterday for no reason. I took it to Alltel and they are shipping a replacement to me for Friday delivery. I had them fire up my 6800 which I had kept. It was like a perfect fitting old glove. Loved having the scroll wheel back, hardware buttons, LED's, and a battery that will last all day! Anyhow, long story short I am putting the new replacement Touch Pro on Craigs List Friday when it gets here. TP was a huge disappointment.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Came back to 6800 from Toch Pro

Old 02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeber View Post
Touch Pro battery life was horrible. (6-8 hours) The screen died yesterday for no reason. I took it to Alltel and they are shipping a replacement to me for Friday delivery. I had them fire up my 6800 which I had kept. It was like a perfect fitting old glove. Loved having the scroll wheel back, hardware buttons, LED's, and a battery that will last all day! Anyhow, long story short I am putting the new replacement Touch Pro on Craigs List Friday when it gets here. TP was a huge disappointment.
How much? I got an old 6800 that the phone part is very solid but the stylus is stuck in there and the light for the Mail button doesn't work and it has a white spot but it works perfectly otherwise. PM me if you're interested.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

PWeber is a n00b

I typed that I had them activate my old 6800. I dont need a 6800 and was not asking for one. Just a statement tht I am back on the 6800 and love it. Dont get a TP, they suck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:03 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Wow... that's kinda harsh. The TP is different then the 6800 for sure, and takes some getting used to, but I don't think I could go back. Maybe its the old eyes, but that screen is just too beautiful to let go.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

PWeber is a n00b

I hear you. The VGA screen is nice. functional controls and a battery that will last through the day soon overshadow that after having the thing a week.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeber View Post
I hear you. The VGA screen is nice. functional controls and a battery that will last through the day soon overshadow that after having the thing a week.
Functional controls == getting used to using the touch screen vs buttons.

Battery == yeah. If you are mobile and talking all day, this thing needs 3 batteries.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:15 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I haven't been on any other device besides the Apache, but I felt the same way when I went back to my Apache the time I was waiting for a replacment. It has the same 64mb RAM, yet it never had RAM issues. I am SICK of the RAM issues my Mogul has. I am ready throw it at the wall! If I were you I would stay with the Touch Pro. It has a better screen and more RAM...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

well OP i'm happy if you're happy.... good luck with that lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

I'm still a ways from a new phone. I'm sick of the Vogue I want a keyboard! Since there are reports of Sprint running out of replacement Moguls I thought I'ld Craigslist one, keep it a month and make a claim. Wouldn't you know it, the phone I buy is brand spanking new. In the box all components sealed in baggies and plastic on the phone and slide out keyboard. The guy won it in a contest with Fox news. He was an ATT guy and just put on the shelf and forgot about it. He was cleaning out the closet and found it again and decided to sell it.

I'm liking this phone. Yeah having to keep an memory kind a sucks but I never have more then three apps open at a time and I like to run stripped down roms anyway. I ran a stripped rom on the vogue too. I don't know if I want a TP anymore. I need to here about the pros and cons of the TP. Last time I was at Best Buy the look and feel of the TP didn't impress me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan