PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood
Insurance replacement

Hi, I just added the $7 a month insurance to my plan, though currently I am using a Touch Pro that I had recently purchased off Craigslist to replace my Mogul, I was wondering what can I do in this situation. Since my old Mogul has a problem with the front physical keys and touch screen, can I just switch back to the Mogul and go to Sprint to ask for a replacement/repair right after switching ESNs, or would I need to use the device for 30 days before it is eligible to be repaired?
Thanks.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Insurance replacement

I've known people who have done what you are describing. They did an ESN swap to their old phone and then later in the day taken their old phone in to the store for repair and they got a replacement. Some people might find it shady, but the decision is yours.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
I've known people who have done what you are describing. They did an ESN swap to their old phone and then later in the day taken their old phone in to the store for repair and they got a replacement. Some people might find it shady, but the decision is yours.
It shouldn't be shady considering the Touch Pro was just a replacement phone that I had paid a decent amount ($350) for out of pocket, rather than through scamming insurance or Sprint. But I would like to have a fully working Mogul as a back up Phone...
Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

I am in almost the exact situation. My Mogul was in backorder limbo and at about the 2-week mark I got impatient and decided to grab a Touch Pro on Craigslist too. The same damn day, a refurb Mogul arrives unannounced. Yay.
Carried the TP for 2 days, dropped it twice out of the back of the stock holster, scratched the face on the first drop.. Reactivated the Mogul and have been having minor irritations with it since. After the 30-day condition is met, I'll probably consider swapping it.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginos View Post
I am in almost the exact situation. My Mogul was in backorder limbo and at about the 2-week mark I got impatient and decided to grab a Touch Pro on Craigslist too. The same damn day, a refurb Mogul arrives unannounced. Yay.
Carried the TP for 2 days, dropped it twice out of the back of the stock holster, scratched the face on the first drop.. Reactivated the Mogul and have been having minor irritations with it since. After the 30-day condition is met, I'll probably consider swapping it.
Well my situation is a bit different from yours, I had actually used the Mogul for over a year, until the front buttons (call and end) started to die then I needed to get a replacement phone so that I wouldn't need to struggle to press buttons on the touch screen because that is also not working well either to reach the phone tool. Anyway, would having used the phone for that year something in the past count toward the 30 days of activation on my account even though I haven't used it for 2 weeks or so?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

shaun_reid is a n00b

do you have to have a phone for 30 days to replace it through asurion?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xdsone is a n00b

nou donot have to have it for 30 days at lest I didnt
Old 02-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
Well my situation is a bit different from yours, I had actually used the Mogul for over a year, until the front buttons (call and end) started to die then I needed to get a replacement phone so that I wouldn't need to struggle to press buttons on the touch screen because that is also not working well either to reach the phone tool. Anyway, would having used the phone for that year something in the past count toward the 30 days of activation on my account even though I haven't used it for 2 weeks or so?
Only slightly different. That backorder was to replace my somehow liquid damaged Mogul that I have been using since June 2007. I activated my CL TP on the 9th and then activated the refurb Mogul on the 11th. So I'm stuck waiting til at least the 9th to be eligible for the 30-day bs. I don't think we get any credit for "time served" with a different handset. The automated system looks at the activation date/days elapsed. If you want credit for the whole time with the handset, you can try calling them.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

shaun_reid is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdsone View Post
nou donot have to have it for 30 days at lest I didnt
how long did you have yours?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

be lucky, they technically shouldnt of even insured your CL phone, so id just be quiet, wait, and do it in 30days
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan