PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Comm Manager - I need a better one than the 6800 stock! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5210)

Sprintdaddy 06-22-2007 07:22 AM

I can't DL the file, something about limits exceeded.

flipside 06-22-2007 07:47 AM

See the link 3rd post down from rycelover.. You should be able to get them there. All the links just worked for me

kybballfan 06-22-2007 09:57 AM

Anyone notice when you close the comm manager sometimes activesync pops up? This is a tad annoying. FYI I am connected to exchange server via mail2web..

Pibe38 06-22-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kybballfan
Anyone notice when you close the comm manager sometimes activesync pops up? This is a tad annoying. FYI I am connected to exchange server via mail2web..

Have not noticed this, however, I have not used it too much yet.

rycelover 06-22-2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kybballfan

I can confirm that this has happened to me with the new HTC Touch comm manager.

stearic 06-22-2007 09:49 PM

So just to be perfectly clear, we have to do the unlock registry hack to be able to use the comm manager?

rycelover 06-22-2007 10:57 PM

I don't know about others, but I installed the Touch comm manager I linked above without performing the unlock hack.

Pibe38 06-22-2007 11:52 PM

Ok... so I experienced the AS popping up after closing the Comm Manager, however, this was not happening so I did some testing.

I performed a soft reset and when I accessed the Comm Manager via the hardware button and then closed it with the harware OK button AS did NOT pop up, just like when I had posted before.

Now, I started experiencing this bug just after I went into the AS settings. But before I went into the AS settings, AS was not popping up.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also anyone know the differences between the 2 files out there for the Comm Manager?

There's By Boto file on THIS post. Now I think this is an older file because it is quoted from THISpost. And on the second post the file name is mfrazzz comm manager and it says it's newer... also that post was edited after the last edit from the first one.

I say this because quotes do not update real time, so if the original post (second link) was updated, the quoted post (first link) would have not been updated.

So which one do you have? Do you know the differences? Any input?

draghn 06-24-2007 01:45 AM

I installed the comm manager and the dialer. I did have to unlock the phone using the registry modifications explained in the reg thread linked from the FAQ sticky. They do load slightly slower than the stock, but not too much slower. They are nice.

I installed the comm manager from dmackdaddy's post:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmackdaddy
I used this one:
As with most cabs, I install from my SD Card.

stroths 06-24-2007 11:34 AM

I was getting the same "system permissions" error even after doing the app unlock reg hacks and installing directly from the device (not SD). The problem was that the existing comm manager was running in the back ground. I used MemMaid's process viewer to kill it and it installed fine.

This should resolve all the possible reasons this app won't install on the 6800. I also used the one by_boto one.