PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   data connection always on (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51613)

HOOKnIT 01-08-2009 11:55 PM

Re: data connection always on

mine stays connected doesnt exit until i do it in the comm man

weedahoe 01-09-2009 08:35 AM

Once your data connection is initialized it does stay on until you turn it off. At least that is how mine does but I have weather that updates every 2 or 4 hours, my IMs stay online and I use Seven to constantly poll and check my mail for me so I need mine to stay on. If I do turn it off, when ever my weather needs to update or Seven polls for new mail, it will turn back on the data connection. This is why I asked did you have any apps that are using data.

dallas contractor 01-09-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedahoe (Post 628858)
Once your data connection is initialized it does stay on until you turn it off. At least that is how mine does but I have weather that updates every 2 or 4 hours, my IMs stay online and I use Seven to constantly poll and check my mail for me so I need mine to stay on. If I do turn it off, when ever my weather needs to update or Seven polls for new mail, it will turn back on the data connection. This is why I asked did you have any apps that are using data.

How long does your battery last during the day?

HOOKnIT 01-09-2009 11:42 AM

the only things i have are the idialer, icontacts, and audio para i dont thank they would need to stay connected unless skyfire is haveing and issue

weedahoe 01-09-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 628880)
How long does your battery last during the day?

I can go all day but by the end of the day when I get off Im about dead. So usually while I am at work I will plug in and charge because I never know where I will be and not have a charging source around.

Keep in mind that just because data is on, it is dormant when the screen is off so you dont use much power.

You can always use acbPowerMeter to monitor your batter usage also.

demonlordoftheround 01-09-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOKnIT (Post 629102)
the only things i have are the idialer, icontacts, and audio para i dont thank they would need to stay connected unless skyfire is haveing and issue

Probably idialer has messed up the data icon.

HOOKnIT 01-10-2009 10:50 PM

demon is there another good dialer that you would recommend i really like this dialer but if it has issues ill try some thing else

nelly04 01-11-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOKnIT (Post 631979)
demon is there another good dialer that you would recommend i really like this dialer but if it has issues ill try some thing else

Its an issue but a very small issue. Having your data connection always running doesnt break your phone or drastically drain your battery. Just an example but your battery will probably last about 7-7.5 hours instead of 8 hours. really not a big deal in my opinion.

demonlordoftheround 01-11-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOKnIT (Post 631979)

Nah, as long as you like it and it functions then keep it. Some dialers I have tried hang when switching between the status and dialer screens or break the 911 function.