PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NEED help, think I bricked phone trying to update ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51461)

nonzero 01-02-2009 02:51 AM

NEED help, think I bricked phone trying to update ROM

So in this thread which I started earlier today, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51416 , I acted without enough research, with my friend assuring me it would be fine. I attempted to update the rom on my Alltel 6800, which is/was flashed over to cricket, with the blackpill rom. It went through the whole update completely fine, and the phone reset, but it wouldn't go past the Alltel splash screen.

Then, trying to fix this, my friend said it was likely the rom, so we tried 2 or 3 other roms, wouldn't work. They would go through the update to 100 percent, but it would lock at the Alltel screen. Then we attempted to install a WM6 rom that we found for the alltel phone, and now I can't do anything on my phone.

My phone is now stuck on the boot loader.

EDIT: I got out of bootloader screen after attemting the titan bootloader exit tool on my computer, rather than my friends. I don't think I bricked my phone after all, but I don't have high hopes at this point either.
Any help would be appreciated.

PDAPhoneJunkie 01-02-2009 03:27 AM

Re: NEED help, think I bricked phone trying to update ROM

What SPL did you use? What Radio do you have?

nonzero 01-02-2009 03:33 AM

I don't know. When I boot up now, It only says at the bottom, "No Radio." I assume SPL is the bootloader, which is 1.2.

nonzero 01-02-2009 01:11 PM

Im not sure what to do at this point. Do I need to reinstall the original rom, or can i somehow update the spl to olipro 2.4 without getting through the boot sequence (it says no radio) and install the alltel RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.52.671.9_RS_TITAN_Alltel3.4 2.50_NV2.02_PPST_Ship
rom. I am really screwed without this phone!

MrObvious 01-02-2009 01:38 PM

Yeah try a 2.40 bootloader.

nonzero 01-02-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 613620)
Yeah try a 2.40 bootloader.

Can't. Need to use activesync to update the boot loader, nevermind the fact that the 3 download links I found for Hard-SPL-MFG.exe are dead. Can't even find the damn file to download. wtf?!
I don't think my phone is bricked, but i don't want to pay to get it flashed again. I've already spent 90$ trying to get it working right and it never has.
And now HTC no longer lists any roms for the 6800, and I can't find the stock rom on google or even in a torrent file! Could someone who has a copy of the alltel stock rom upload it please. This is the only way I can think of to get the phone up and running again.

bbsandkm 01-02-2009 01:59 PM

some roms work better if the radio is flashed first. so find you a radio, put that titaimg file in the root of card and back to the tricolor screen that you love.

nonzero 01-02-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbsandkm (Post 613674)
some roms work better if the radio is flashed first. so find you a radio, put that titaimg file in the root of card and back to the tricolor screen that you love.

lol, yeah. what? How the hell can I reinstall the radio without the rom. I'll keep looking around for this answer, but google's not helping me lately.

JuJu 01-02-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonzero (Post 613759)
lol, yeah. what? How the hell can I reinstall the radio without the rom. I'll keep looking around for this answer, but google's not helping me lately.

I don't think you need the rom to install the radio, since installing the radio alone doesn't reset the device, right?

nonzero 01-02-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuJu (Post 613769)
I don't think you need the rom to install the radio, since installing the radio alone doesn't reset the device, right?

Yeah, I believe you are right. Only problem is, where can one find an original radio for the Alltel 6800? I don't even know how to install it IF I can ever find one.