PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
MMS error messages....

I get the following error messages:
"Preceding message modified, media objects were removed..."
and also,...."Delivery error - This is a warning message only, You do not need to resend your message".... any ideas....

Thanks..
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: MMS error messages....

Try installing a carrier cab.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid

Ok, what is a carrier cab and where do I get it from ?

Thanks..
Old 12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

What version of Arcsoft are you using? What are you MMS server settings also?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm running the version from the latest kitchen: Arcsoft MMS 5 ver. 5.0.71.33R
Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Since you used the Kitchen I assume you have it cooked in iy which could be a problem if you ever want to remve it. I know I went from a working version of 5.0.31.16 to a newer version and got all kinds of errors. So eventually I went back to my other version which works just fine. What are you VZW MMS server settings as they should be as listed below

Gateway: <leave blank>
Port: 9201 or 80
Server Address: http://mms.vzw.com/servlets/
Connect via: Verizon Wireless (or whatever your #777 Internet Connection is named)
Sending Size limit: whatever choices you have
WAP Version: 2.0
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Since you used the Kitchen I assume you have it cooked in iy which could be a problem if you ever want to remve it. I know I went from a working version of 5.0.31.16 to a newer version and got all kinds of errors. So eventually I went back to my other version which works just fine. What are you VZW MMS server settings as they should be as listed below

Gateway: <leave blank>
Port: 9201 or 80
Server Address: http://mms.vzw.com/servlets/
Connect via: Verizon Wireless (or whatever your #777 Internet Connection is named)
Sending Size limit: whatever choices you have
WAP Version: 2.0

Ok, where do I find the VZW MMS server settings ?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok, I reflashed without the MMS in the Kitchen and installed the MMS Cab 5.0.3.1.16 but now I cannot send out any MMS messages...
Where do I find the MMS server in order to set it up ?
I tried settings, connections, and manage my connections but didn't all the options that were posted in the forums...
Old 12-20-2008, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Inbox -> Menu -> MMS Options -> Servers -> and then click on the server. Mine is set to port 80 BTW and I do MMS all the time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Inbox -> Menu -> MMS Options -> Servers -> and then click on the server. Mine is set to port 80 BTW and I do MMS all the time.
Ok, I had MMS installed on my storage card and that didn't work I guess. I cleared out the phone (clear storage), and then reloaded on the device this time. The problem is that when I get to server, it saids "ATT" and all options are greyed out and I can't change anything. Do I have to wipe the phone clean and reflash ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan