PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Verizon MMS without data question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49663)

jmorton10 12-18-2008 04:16 PM

Verizon MMS without data question

I have a TouchPro & unlimited data, but I also have two spare highly tweaked Verizon XV6800's.

My son wants one of the 6800's & I am going to give him one for Christmas, but he will only have inet access through wifi. This is not a problem as he is in college & has free wifi while at school & my house has wifi when he's home.

My question is, will he be able to send MMS picture messages when he doesn't have an online connection the way he can now with his current ENV dumb phone??

I know I had MMS capability way back when I first bought my original 6800 & didn't yet have a data package at all, but I don't remember if it only worked when I had wifi working or if it worked all the time???

~John

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-18-2008 04:24 PM

Re: Verizon MMS without data question

Yes, read this here on how I went about using MMS without a data plan. Use the GCVerizon MMS cab though.

jmorton10 12-18-2008 04:29 PM

Thanks man, I knew I remembered doing something like that with my first 6800 but it was so long ago I couldn't remember what it was (& I remember using the Arcsoft cab to do it).

~John

Mylt1 12-18-2008 05:25 PM

i need to get another 6800, my alltel switched to vzw doesnt send or receive MMS for some reason.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-18-2008 06:50 PM

It can be fixed... I'm sure. What exact issues? But if you want another, see if you can get a Verizon rep to give you a replacment. It will be a Verizon version though. And DO NOT SEND your old one back, they probably won't bill you for not returning it but they will bill you if they get an Alltel phone back. They'll keep your Alltel phone too. At least if you keep it and they charge you still have your old phone which you could probably trade or sell...

jmorton10 12-20-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 586721)
i need to get another 6800, my alltel switched to vzw doesnt send or receive MMS for some reason.

Do you have the Arcsoft cab installed??

~John

Mylt1 12-22-2008 01:28 PM

yep, have tried several different verisions of arcsoft. my phone keeps forgetting the password for vzn. its a PITA. think im just gonna wait till after xmas and upgrade to the TP. i know its crippled from vzn but i should be able to make the post of it with the kitchen. and yes vzn would charge me if i didnt send a phone back in. but if i do it through asurion if doesnt have to be the 6800 i send back. i may do that but not sure yet.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-22-2008 04:35 PM

No, you will never get what the Sprint version has... Not to mention it's an ugly phone.

jmorton10 12-22-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 593620)
No, you will never get what the Sprint version has... Not to mention it's an ugly phone.

Was there a point to posting this??

~John

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-22-2008 06:08 PM

The poster above me said he was going to get the Verizon Pro and he thinks he can make it what is should be worth with the kithchen. You can't, Verizon messed that phone up for good, and priced it at 50 bucks more.