PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Not on sprint.com (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49446)

mobiledude 12-17-2008 02:23 AM

Not on sprint.com

I spoke to a representative and they told me that the mogul has reached "the end of its life".

kabuk1 12-17-2008 06:09 AM

Re: Not on sprint.com

Figures. Now lets all eagerly await the iPhone clone that will surely replace it... ](*,)

dschoenike 12-17-2008 01:21 PM

I wonder if that means they'll eventually replace existing moguls with the touch pro? Meaning if i took a malfunctioning mogul to sprint (and they were outta refurbs or mogul stock) they'd give me a touch pro? Wishful thinking, but that would be nice. :)
dschoenike

zero157h7 12-17-2008 01:24 PM

It usually takes a while for them to run out of refurbed devices on the insurance end.

hibby50 12-17-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 583576)
Figures. Now lets all eagerly await the iPhone clone that will surely replace it... ](*,)

??????????? uh the pro replaces the mogul....

wasserja 12-17-2008 02:03 PM

I wonder if that "representative" actually represents Sprint's actual position. He may have been speaking unofficially. I'd say it's end of life when they don't sell it online anymore.

So I just saw that it's not being sold online anymore...I sit corrected.

hibby50 12-17-2008 02:13 PM

no he is right they are now discontinued.... but there are PLENTY of refurbs

Mylt1 12-17-2008 02:30 PM

plenty of refirbs all around and the TP is so new that i doubt asurion(sp?) has any where it would still fall under the manufacturers warranty. but, they may have a few. its hard to say what they will do.

ghersh 12-17-2008 02:45 PM

I called Sprint (because I too did not see the Mogul on their website). The rep I spoke with said it is NOT end-of-life... just out-of-stock. She said if it were end-of-life, it would not show up on her order screen. However, her order screen said "out of stock".
How do we find out for certain?

hibby50 12-17-2008 02:47 PM

trust me there was a document a long time ago it is EOLed

GhettoBSD 12-17-2008 02:47 PM

It's no longer being sold haha. I don't know why it's such a big deal to everyone :P

This is what happens: It's not on the web site because it's been replaced by the diamond and touch pro. You probably can't get a NIB replacement anymore, so all you get is refurb. They probably won't upgrade you because there are plenty of refurbs. If you can't buy them from a store, you can't buy them on-line.

Sorry!

myhollowworld2 12-17-2008 03:00 PM

I posted this info a while ago on another thread almost a month ago. The escalations person I talked to told me they where planning it as soon as November 25th, but couldn't confirm the actual date, but only that it was deffinitely coming shortly. Lo and behold here it is. It is unfortunate because that means no new Moguls as replacements, only refurbs...and hopefully eventually we'll see some TP's.

ghersh 12-17-2008 03:03 PM

So, unlike many people around here, I -love- my mogul. If I wanted to buy one to have "in my back pocket" to replace the one I have once it eventually dies, can I find a new one anywhere? I don't want to buy a Touch, because I want the qwerty keyboard.

abrigham 12-17-2008 03:06 PM

Just thought I'd add my 2 pesos worth. As some may have seen in another thread regarding replacement Moguls, I mentioned that I just had mine replaced, and it was a NIB replacement (which I did verify thru the EPST tool). So, it appears that although they are EOL'd as far as selling them, and no doubt most people will get refurbs if they need replacements, they obviously still a stock of NIB Moguls. Now, I ordered my replacement thru the self service page on sprint.com, but I'm not sure that made any difference since when I did that for my wife's MotoQ, they just send a refurb phone. *shrug* So, what determines who gets what as far as replacements? Only Sprint would be able to answer that, and I'm not even sure they'd know... lol

frazell 12-17-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrigham (Post 584294)
Just thought I'd add my 2 pesos worth. As some may have seen in another thread regarding replacement Moguls, I mentioned that I just had mine replaced, and it was a NIB replacement (which I did verify thru the EPST tool). So, it appears that although they are EOL'd as far as selling them, and no doubt most people will get refurbs if they need replacements, they obviously still a stock of NIB Moguls. Now, I ordered my replacement thru the self service page on sprint.com, but I'm not sure that made any difference since when I did that for my wife's MotoQ, they just send a refurb phone. *shrug* So, what determines who gets what as far as replacements? Only Sprint would be able to answer that, and I'm not even sure they'd know... lol

I put in an order today to replace my mogul for the issues I'm having...

The website says they don't have any Mogul inventory and will let me know when it is off back-order...

We shall see if they get a new shipment of Moguls soon or not.

z3bu 12-17-2008 06:06 PM

just thought i'd throw in my experience....

I made an insurance claim for my Mogul on Monday because of keyboard issues and received a new-in-box Mogul on Tuesday.