PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan Red Light

I have searched and found lots of people talking about how their red light came on and the phone stopped working. Mine is slightly different, and Im wondering if anyone would know why.

The Red LED on my mogul turned on a couple days ago and has stayed on. Aside from occaisionally being slow, or acting like its not sensing me touching the screen, it doesnt seem to be having any functional problems. It charges ok, and holds a charge, but the red light never goes off.

Any ideas?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Titan Red Light

try nueled then send the off signal to each of the leds

Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
try nueled then send the off signal to each of the leds
My only thing with Nueled, is i couldn't get it off without hard-resetting.

I'm going to assume you've soft-rest and the light is still red. I'd say hard reset and start over and see if it persists, but at the same time, you may not get it back! Something is throwing that light, but i have no clue what.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Have you done a soft reset since it came on? If you haven't, I am curious if it will stay on after wards... If you have, never mind then...
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I would take it in to a Sprint Store and see if you can get a replacement Mogul (they may have to order you one)... If you're having performance issues AFTER the light is stuck on, then something is wrong with the phone IMO.

Plus there's always a chance there won't be any replacement Moguls left (refurb or new) and you'll get a TP in its place.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

strawsy is a n00b

Mine will go orange from a txt message or a voicemail and stay that way until I soft-reset. It doesn't do this all the time but it does happen. I can't imagine it being any different than the red light. You get a red light from low battery...so maybe you got the light and it's just staying.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if an LED is ever stuck on after a soft/hard reset, it is a hardware malfunction (most likely either water or a drop onto a hard surface). you can tell if you pull the battery out, and touch to prongs in the battery holder to the battery without turning the phone on, and the LED comes on (at least thats how a friend and mine were). your carrier will easily replace it, as long as there's no water damage to the battery
Old 11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

the evil i is just getting started

i have the EXACT same problem. literally. it came on a few days ago and simply has not turned off. since then my phone has been acting like garbage. i soft reset, hard reset, synced it on my computer, took out the battery, nothing got the battery to go off. im goign to the sprint store today to see what is going on
Old 11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

I have done soft reset, but as I am in the middle of the ocean right now, I do not want to do a hard reset until Im at home to restore my software. I do plan on taking it to a sprint store, and if they tell me they have to replace it, then I intend to have them replace it with a TP, I dont care if there are refurbs left, the price diff between the two is only $30. Even if I have to pay the $30 I will NOT leave the store with another lemon mogul .
Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

could be the battery has been damaged!

check out my thread with my experience here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...38&postcount=1

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan