PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Haha.. Direct quote from the service tech... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43719)

PDAPhoneJunkie 11-14-2008 03:21 PM

Re: Haha.. Direct quote from the service tech...

I wish Verizon was the same way. The Mogul is still their best phone but has issues. It took two calls to Verizon and then on to UTStarcom (Now "PCD") to get it replaced.

If you are wanting a replacment, call UTStarcom and tell them your issues. Tell them Verizon/Sprint doesn't know what is wrong and said it is up to the manufacture to decide if it should be replaced. Get them to say Yes and then ask for a ticket number, call back Verizon/Sprint and say "I talked to rep who said to call PCD to see if it needs to be replaced and they said YES", give them your ticket number and they will send you a refurb.

Of course it is always easier to deal with the lady reps, I hapend to be unlucky this time and got a man everytime I called...

BigDiesel07 11-14-2008 04:28 PM

UTStarcom is Verizon's insurance? Like Asurion is for Sprint?

bsgjunkie 11-18-2008 10:27 PM

In case anyone really cares - as I posted earlier, the unit they ordered was defective (couldn't hear anything out of the headset's normal ear speaker) so they ordered another. It came in on Saturday and I didn't have a chance to pick it up until last night as they were closing. I got it home and was excited because everything seemed ok. The only problem I could see was two small white dots (which I can live with). Then this AM I got up and started to type an email. I quickly realized the keyboard was damaged. The keys in all 4 corners didnt work, and most of the top row would calculate a single press as two or three. So I went back in at lunch and waiting another 30 mins while they did an ESN swap back to my previous device.

Moral of the story, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THE REFURBS!!! They're very hit and miss, and from my experience, mostly miss. It makes me wish I wouldn't have complained about the three white dots on my first because maybe I'd have a working phone.

BigDiesel07 11-18-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsgjunkie (Post 528259)
In case anyone really cares - as I posted earlier, the unit they ordered was defective (couldn't hear anything out of the headset's normal ear speaker) so they ordered another. It came in on Saturday and I didn't have a chance to pick it up until last night as they were closing. I got it home and was excited because everything seemed ok. The only problem I could see was two small white dots (which I can live with). Then this AM I got up and started to type an email. I quickly realized the keyboard was damaged. The keys in all 4 corners didnt work, and most of the top row would calculate a single press as two or three. So I went back in at lunch and waiting another 30 mins while they did an ESN swap back to my previous device.

Moral of the story, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THE REFURBS!!! They're very hit and miss, and from my experience, mostly miss. It makes me wish I wouldn't have complained about the three white dots on my first because maybe I'd have a working phone.

So are they sending you another refurb?

bsgjunkie 11-19-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 528271)
So are they sending you another refurb?

Yes, they ordered another. I'm a little worried though because I leave for 2 1/2 weeks on Friday. Part of me wants to keep the one I have now because I've learned how to baby it and its problems, instead of taking another refurb with only a slim hope of it being better.

Worst part is, Sprint tells me they won't/can't do a thing for me until I resign a contract. I don't think that is fair. This isn't my problem to fix. I asked the retention manager this question:

"If you bought a brand new car 6 months ago and at the time of purchase you were even talked into the extended warranty, then over the last 3 months you've had nothing but problems - Would you just buy a new car to end the headache or would you expect the dealership to take care of the situation?"

The arse answered, "Well I wouldn't expect something unreasonable from the dealership - I wouldn't expect them to give me a brand new car for free"..

My reply was "Good, then we're on the same base. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable nor free. I already paid for the phone, therefore not free, and I just want to use my phone how its intended, therefore not unreasonable."

I was nice to the guy until he started giving me attitude. The conversation even started with.. "I'm sorry you're the one that has to deal with this, because I know its not your fault, but I'm a simple customer who is extremely frustrated, and in need of some help."

I love Sprint's service. I love my plan. I even love my phone when it works. But holy hell, I'm inches away from dumping them and getting to a carrier that not only stays on top of the phone market, but also treats their customers with respect. Sprint is like the Southwest of cell carriers. Maybe its back to VZW for me.

frazell 11-19-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 (Post 519589)
UTStarcom is Verizon's insurance? Like Asurion is for Sprint?

No, both Sprint and Verizon use Asurion...

UTStarcom is the company who sells the phone to Sprint or Verizon as HTC doesn't sell their CDMA devices directly to carriers. They also make their own phones as well.

longuyen 11-19-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsgjunkie (Post 528930)
Yes, they ordered another. I'm a little worried though because I leave for 2 1/2 weeks on Friday. Part of me wants to keep the one I have now because I've learned how to baby it and its problems, instead of taking another refurb with only a slim hope of it being better.

Worst part is, Sprint tells me they won't/can't do a thing for me until I resign a contract. I don't think that is fair. This isn't my problem to fix. I asked the retention manager this question:

"If you bought a brand new car 6 months ago and at the time of purchase you were even talked into the extended warranty, then over the last 3 months you've had nothing but problems - Would you just buy a new car to end the headache or would you expect the dealership to take care of the situation?"

The arse answered, "Well I wouldn't expect something unreasonable from the dealership - I wouldn't expect them to give me a brand new car for free"..

My reply was "Good, then we're on the same base. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable nor free. I already paid for the phone, therefore not free, and I just want to use my phone how its intended, therefore not unreasonable."

I was nice to the guy until he started giving me attitude. The conversation even started with.. "I'm sorry you're the one that has to deal with this, because I know its not your fault, but I'm a simple customer who is extremely frustrated, and in need of some help."

I love Sprint's service. I love my plan. I even love my phone when it works. But holy hell, I'm inches away from dumping them and getting to a carrier that not only stays on top of the phone market, but also treats their customers with respect. Sprint is like the Southwest of cell carriers. Maybe its back to VZW for me.

Are you on the SERO plan? It seems to me that Sprint Customers on the SERO plan would not be getting some deals such as an offer to change phones, or help fixing the issue with the HTC Mogul. I bet if you were on the $99 Simply Everything Plan, Sprint would give a **** about getting you a working Phone. Just my Opinion.

BTW, good luck on getting a working Mogul. I just received my Refurb today from Sprint. Everything is working well and no white spots. Even the bluetooth sound clearer. However it is running WM 6.0 though.

bsgjunkie 11-19-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longuyen (Post 530360)
Are you on the SERO plan? It seems to me that Sprint Customers on the SERO plan would not be getting some deals such as an offer to change phones, or help fixing the issue with the HTC Mogul. I bet if you were on the $99 Simply Everything Plan, Sprint would give a **** about getting you a working Phone. Just my Opinion.

BTW, good luck on getting a working Mogul. I just received my Refurb today from Sprint. Everything is working well and no white spots. Even the bluetooth sound clearer. However it is running WM 6.0 though.

I'm afraid you're right. They probably see a SERO account now and say "See ya, enjoy the price hike". They know they have us by the balls.

I am on Sero - BUT I have 4 lines, 2 500s and 2 1250s. They should be kissing my *** too. I don't have any of the crazy discounts or extended deals. I don't even have a corp discount. I was one of the original Sero owners, and I did it the legit way, through an employee who referred me. Until just recently my plan details said Fair and Flexible 500 ;)

Ugh, I'm just upset. I can't rationalize leaving with my plan, but at the same time they're not giving me many options.

longuyen 11-19-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsgjunkie (Post 530566)
I'm afraid you're right. They probably see a SERO account now and say "See ya, enjoy the price hike". They know they have us by the balls.

I am on Sero - BUT I have 4 lines, 2 500s and 2 1250s. They should be kissing my *** too. I don't have any of the crazy discounts or extended deals. I don't even have a corp discount. I was one of the original Sero owners, and I did it the legit way, through an employee who referred me. Until just recently my plan details said Fair and Flexible 500 ;)

Ugh, I'm just upset. I can't rationalize leaving with my plan, but at the same time they're not giving me many options.

I am on Sero too, but I have 5 lines. 2 of them with a Mogul. I think my all my plan have been updated to show SERO F & F, before they only showed up as Fair and Flexible 500 plan.