PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
FMtalk

do you think this would work for htc 6800? iTrip worked so good for my old ipod and wish there was something like it I could use with my phone...
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-FM-TRANSMITT...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: FMtalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
do you think this would work for htc 6800? iTrip worked so good for my old ipod and wish there was something like it I could use with my phone...
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-FM-TRANSMITT...QQcmdZViewItem
iTrip RULED! mine worked so well, no static no breakups crystal clear!

Is that a mini USB that plugs into the phone? I can't tell. It does say mini usb 11 pin in the description, but hard for me to tell.
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-19-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

billygee55 is a n00b

Yes, it worked on my P4000, but I sent it back and got a refund. Sound was muddy and staticy and the charger itself was only a 250mA charger, not enough to charge the phone but enough to power the transmitter. Transmitter will NOT work without plugging the charger in. So while you listen to it thru your FM radio, your phone battery is draining and you can't charge the phone unless you take the transmitter out.

I went with a cassette adapter for my car. SO much better with an adapter that changes the headphone jack into a 3.5mm jack for the cassette adapter. If you have an aux input in your car stereo, you can use that instead. Still a LOT better than going thru your FM radio.

If you use the 1 into 2 adapter that comes with the phone, you can charge your phone at the same time with one jack, and the other jack with an adapter can be used to run the sound out.

The adapter I am talking about can be found at the link below. This also comes with a built-in microphone so you can use it hands free while driving.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-5mm-Headset-Hea...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by billygee55; 11-19-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile
Threadstarter

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

I don't have a cassette player or aux in. do you know if it would work if plugged into the wall? with iTrip I could go to parties and be the dj with any radio and the sound was perfect and could charge the ipod at the same time.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

billygee55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I don't have a cassette player or aux in. do you know if it would work if plugged into the wall? with iTrip I could go to parties and be the dj with any radio and the sound was perfect and could charge the ipod at the same time.
No charger will charge the phone if you have the FM Talk transmitter on the phone. It would only power on the transmitter. I tried it with the included power cord and my home charger. Neither worked.

The best thing you could get is a bluetooth FM transmitter.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan